Nice apple cake recipe

geldof, May 22, 10:22pm
Jo Seagers one is good.
I use my own apples, and vary the spices.

Clove and Cinnamon Cake.
Ingredients

* 150g butter
* 1 x 500g can apple pie filling or 2 big cups firm stewed apple, not too wet )
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups of flour
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground cloves
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, optional
* icing sugar to dust

Method

Pre heat oven to 160 degrees C. Spray a 20 - 21 cm spring form tin or bundt tin with non stick baking spray and if using a spring form tin, line the base with baking paper.

Place butter in a large microwave proof bowl and melt. Then add all the other ingredients and mix well. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 55 - 60 min. The surface will be golden brown and firm and edges will be pulling away from the side of the tin. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve.

sarahb5, May 22, 10:42pm
Hungry boy cake - if you do a search on the left I think you should find it but if I can I will bump it .

#11 in the cake ideas thread

carter19, May 23, 3:36am
x1
This is Judy Bailey's Apple Cake recipe out of a Grapevine Mag 20 years ago. It's always good and lasts for ages (if not gobbled up immediately)

2 apples chopped
1 cup sugar
125 g melted butter
1 large egg
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp, nutmeg, 1/2tsp allspice
1 cup sticky raisins (any will do)
1/2 c chopped walnuts
Put apples in a large mixing bowl with sugar, stir & stand for a few mins, Blend butter and beated egg into the apples
Sift dry ingredients and add to apples, stirring til just mixed. Lastley add raisins and walnuts.
Put into a loose bottom flan tin. Spread around - mixture is very stiff. sprinkle a few walnuts on top and bake at 180 for 45 mins.

This is my 2nd favourite after Jo Seagars.

rozke, May 23, 4:42am
found this in a Mills & Boon love story LOL
Apple Crisp.6 persons
6 cups sliced peeled apples, 2 Tbs orange juice. 2/3rd cup packed brown sugar, 1/3cup unsifted flour, 1/2tsp grated orange rind, 1/3rd cup of butter or margarine.
METHOD
Arrange apples in8"square pan sprinkle with orange juice.
Put brown sugar flour and orange rind in a bowl.Cut in till crumbly.
Bake 375degree oven for 40minutes.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream.Enjoy

firemansgirl, May 23, 5:11am
Have you tried it!

tats63, May 23, 5:40am
I have a Jo Seagar apple cake recipe which I'm pretty sure is different to this one.

sweater, May 25, 6:34am
bump for more please

jimmy2102, May 25, 10:29am
Google sicilian apple cake ive made the recipe thar takes a kilo of apples twice in the last three weeks. Once for a dinner party and again today for father in laws birthday.
Its devine.Takes a long time to cook but really worth it. Ill be making this cake again for sure.

bev00, Jul 24, 12:16pm
Dutch Apple Cake

125g Butter
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/4 C smooth WARM apple sauce
2 C Flour
1 tspn BS
1/2 tspn Salt
1 1/2 tspn Cin
3/4 tspn Cloves
2 Diced Apples
1 C Raisins
1 C Nuts of your choice

Mix butter, sugar and egg for a few mins.

SLOWLY mix in Warm apple sauce.

Add dry ingredients and mix in.

Add raisins, chopped apple and nuts.

Bake 180 45 mins

This is a winner in this house and goes sooo fast!
I double it and freeze 1 :) Have made it with maca nuts and walnuts so far. I have even added speculaas spice and not added the cin and cloves. Both are winner on taste!
Enjoy :)

bev00, Jul 24, 12:17pm
Apple Strudel Cake
This is a delicious, moist cake and easy to make. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup sugar. Beat 1 egg, add 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix in dry ingedients. Add 1 1/2 cups chopped raw apples and mix well. Pour into greased ring tin. Topping: Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tabs flour, 1 tab butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon together over low heat until crumbly. Sprinkle over cake and bake at 180 for 35 minutes. I have made it in a square tin with double the topping amount. Could also try this with crushed pineapple instead of apple. posted by glendhu

Apple Sauce Cake
1 C sugar, 1/2 C butter, 1 1/2 C cooked warmed apples with 1 tsp of baking soda added, 2 C SR Flour, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 c chopped nuts. Cream butter and sugar, add apples, nuts, flour and spices. Mix well. Bake in mod oven 1 hour. (I find this cooks quicker than the hour, so watch.)

Spiced Apple Cake:
2 C diced apples, 2 C sugar, 2 beaten eggs, 250g butter, 3 c flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 C raisins, 1 tsp mixed spice. Mix sugar and apples and leave for 2 -3 minutes. Melt butter. Mix beaten eggs into butter, then add to apples.Sift dry ing into mix, then add raisins and mix lightly. Bake 180C for 50-60 mins. Makes a small roasting dish size. above 2 both posted by jaybee2003

DUTCH APPLE CAKE
2 Cooking Apples- peeled, sliced and covered with 1 cup Sugar… 1½ cups Flour, 1 tsp Baking Soda, ½ tsp Salt, 1 tsp Cinnamon, ½ tsp Nutmeg, ½ tsp Allspice… 125 g Butter 1 Egg 1 cup Sultanas… Sift all dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Melt butter. Beat in egg. Pour over apples. Add sultanas. Mix into dry mixture. Pour into buttered/floured ring tin and cook for 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees C. Dust with icing sugar when cool. posted by jmin

Another good keeper
150gm butter 1 cup castor sugar beat add 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of sither sour cream or yougurt beat, add 1.5 cups self raise flour Beat till all loght and fluffy. Put into sprayed tin, smooth top and put unpeeled sliced apples on top, sprinkle with with a mix of sugar and cinnamon, bake 40mins at 175
posted by mackenzie2

Recipe above by mackenzie is almost identical
to the apple cake recipe that I bake almost every week. Just love the aroma that it creates while it's baking away plus everyone that I make it for really enjoys it. Keeps brilliantly too. For variation I will add in a handful of coconut and only about a 1/4 cup of sultanas, or sometimes no extras at all - just apples. I find that 40 mins cooking time is usually more than enough but I guess it depends on the size pan you use. posted by smiley_cherub

Spiced Apple Cake
Topping: 1/2 c wholegrain oats, 1/4 c raw sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 35g melted butter. To make: melt the butter in a fairly big pot (use the same pot again later), put together with other topping ingredients into food processor, and process a little till oats are chopped and crumbly. Tip into a bowl or cereal plate and set aside.
Cake: 2 small cooking apples or granny smiths, grated (can grate in food processor if you have a grater disc thing), 1/2 c sugar and 1/2 c raw sugar, 1 egg, 125g butter, 1.5 c wholemeal or white flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp salt. Melt butter in pot (same one as before), leave in pot and beat in sugar, apples and egg, sift in dry ingredients and mix with spoon just until there are no dry patches left. Spread into 9" square tin (8" would probably do), with the bottom lined with paper, or sprayed with nonstick goo. Sprinkle the topping over the dough, pressing in a bit with a fork if necessary. Bake at 180 C (350F) for 40-45 mins until sides shrink a little from the edge of the tin and the centre springs back when pressed. I don't use fanbake for this. posted by annie.nz

Quotewinnie231 (124 )9