Has anyone got a good Marble Cake Recipe?

kiwisportsgirl, Jan 22, 6:08am
Bumping as might make this again. (Note to self must write this recipe down). Took me ages to find it. Hope my son is going to like it for his Birthday Cake.

kiwisportsgirl, May 5, 10:02am
I have tried the Edmunds Cook book one and honestly you could have used the damn thing as a football it was so hard and dry as. I'd like to try and make it again but with a different recipe. Hope someone can help. I might try and make it for Mothers Day as I'm going to visit her next weekend.

pam.delilah, May 6, 6:49am
MARBLE CAKE
250g butter, softened
1¼ cups caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
2¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
¾ cup milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 drops red food colouring

VANILLA BUTTER ICING:
50g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp boiling water

1. Heat oven to 180c. Grease a 22cm springform cake
tin and line the base with nonstick baking paper. Place butter and
sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.

2. Beat in vanilla essence and eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour in two batches, alternating with the milk. Divide the mixture between three separate bowls. Beat cocoa powder into one portion, stir red food colouring into one portion and leave one portion plain.

3. Drop large spoonfuls of the different mixtures into the prepared cake tin, alternating the colours. Drag and swirl a blunt knife through the mixtures to create a marble pattern.

4. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin, then remove and spread with vanilla butter icing.

5. To make vanilla butter icing, beat all ingredients together in a bowl until pale and creamy.

kiwisportsgirl, May 6, 8:22am
Thank You Pam I might just give that a go. Sounds yummy and doesn't look that difficult either.

rainrain1, May 7, 1:12am
I am sooo going to have make that

sarahb5, May 8, 8:13am
This one is delicious - very moist and keeps well. The frosting is really easy too.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12888/marbled-chocolate-cake-with-caramel-icing.aspx

rainrain1, May 8, 8:41pm
Ahhh but you see, it needs to be tri. needs the pink to look pretty

rainrain1, May 9, 5:55am
Very good recipe, and fun to make today, hope you don't mind my saying so, but it needs a few more than 3 drops of red colouring to make a nice pink

sarahb5, May 9, 6:10am
Thats what I've always done but the chocolate version is a really nice moist cake and no reason why you can't do 3 colours instead

rainrain1, May 9, 10:20pm
I don't swirl mine, I just blob the colours all over, even prettier still when cut

kiwisportsgirl, May 16, 10:29am
I made the cake and it is fab. Turned out really great very impressed with it. Have to add the recipe to my TMMB book. TY for your help on here as usual.

irenew, May 17, 1:12am
There was a Cadbury's recipe book in the 70s that my mum always made her marble cake from and it was delicious!

rainrain1, Jun 8, 7:52pm
pam.delilahs Marble Cake. thankyou for the recipe
Blobbed, not swirled
Makes a beautiful big cake, almost too pretty to ice

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/319239089.jpg

jynx66, Jun 9, 3:51am
Just as pretty, I think, is the Zebra cake and you could do it with 3 colours, too, if you wanted.

4 large eggs, at room temperature
250 g cup granulated sugar
250ml milk at room temperature
250ml oil vegetable or canola is fine
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
300 gr all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 23cm pan with oil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using a hand-held electric mixer or wire whisk beat until the mixture is creamy and light in colour. Use large SS bowl to make it easy to measure when half has been removed later in the recipe.
Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended.
In a separate bowl, combine and mix flour, vanilla powder and baking powder.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat just until the batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. DO NOT OVERBEAT to prevent air pockets from forming in the batter.
Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain. Add cocoa powder into the other and mix well.
The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do. Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter (you can also use a ladle that would hold 3 tablespoons) into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop 3 tablespoons of cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter.
IMPORTANT! Do not stop and wait until the previous batter spreads - KEEP GOING! Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually.
Continue alternating the batters until you finish them.
Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Do not open the oven door at least the first 20 minutes or the cake will shrink and will not rise. To check if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean when ready. Remove from the oven. Immediately run a small thin knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake, then invert the cake onto a cooking rack. Turn the cake back over and let cool.
Here's a pic from Google:
http://tinyurl.com/q6bvd2p

pam.delilah, Jun 9, 4:05am
your are right , too good to ice. although if you ice it and when it is cut, one beautiful surprise

rainrain1, Apr 30, 10:15am
It was iced for a girls birthday party, and most likely all eaten by now, although I'm hoping a slice might arrive home for me later tonight, but I'm not holding my breath