Remember the old crumbed chops of the 1970s . I

Page 2 / 2
karlymouse, Sep 30, 11:26pm
Well I admit they certainly tasted darn good. tried to find them in Melbourne in the late 1980s and they only had the little cutlet with a few crumbs. not the same thing at all :)

cleggyboy, Oct 1, 12:40am
I never buy crumbed nor marinated meat it hides to many sins.
But I do my own crumbing and marinating, that way you know what you are eating.

rainrain1, Oct 1, 1:18am
We'll have another t with that thanks

fruitbat, Oct 1, 1:21am
I did some pork schnitzel the other night. flour, eggs, breadcrumbs. fried in butter and olive oil. Heck it was good. The crowd went wild.

samanya, Oct 2, 5:28am
I do beef schnitzel the same . but I add a heap of fresh herbs to the fresh breadcrumbs & the secret ingredient is a good pinch of curry powder . always a requested 'birthday' dish.

awoftam, Oct 2, 8:16am
I add sesame seeds to the crumbs and cook it in a fresh herb butter. Love the curry powder idea! Would never have thought of it. Thanks.

sampa, Oct 2, 10:37pm
Excellent idea. Will give it a go when next schnitzel comes my way thanks.

samanya, Oct 3, 7:03am
I use a heap of fresh herbs . parsley, oregano, sage, thyme etc etc . what ever I have . borage gives a nice glutinous sort of layer . it's a matter of experimenting & it never turns out the same, but always scrummy & the curry powder is the X factor.

patsprat, Oct 4, 4:49am
Re schnitzel, I have always flour/egg/breadcrumbed and then baked in a hottish oven, couldn't bring myself to fry in lots of oil or butter, until my German DIL declared that schnitzel MUST be cooked in lots and lots of butter. Eventually I tried it (deep breath!) and my goodness, it was absolutely yummy, tender and juicy and crisp. Needless to say we don't have it very often but I'm converted to cooking it in butter now. thinking of some right now.

samanya, Oct 5, 3:57am
I've just made up a 'batch' of herbs/breadcrumbs & schnitzel is on the menu tonight.
I forgot to say that the bread crumb coating mix freezes well . I used the crusts from sandwiches i made for a crowd . had to search the freezer for them though ;o)

edzmax, Sep 18, 1:03am
Yes I do, I was a small child who hated them.