Spicy relish or pickle

sticky232, Mar 29, 7:00am
Has anyone got a recipe for a nice spicey relish using cucumber green and red peppers and whatever spices thanks

leebee35, Mar 31, 9:50am
Try Edmonds cook book,.

sampa, Mar 31, 8:49pm
Do a search for Alison Holst Christmas Pickle. I know it uses cucumber and red peppers (hence the name due to the Christmas like colours) but can't seem to lay my hands on the book it's in right at the moment. I made it once years ago and liked it as I recall. Bread and butter pickles would make use of you excess cucumbers and capsicums store well in the fridge for quite some time so maybe don't need to be preserved immediately if you can think of enough other ways to use them up. They're great in a pork goulash bursting with the flavours of paprika and caraway seeds. You could always make a large dish of goulash and freeze some for easy winter meals.

pickles7, Mar 31, 9:35pm
Cucumber Pickle

I use this recipe for most of my pickles, I use the equivalent of any other vegetables, I have on hand. I slice the cucumbers for a change.

Cut the vegetables up rather small.
4 cucumbers [I use the equivalent, to 4 telegraph cucumbers]
2 green peppers
4 red peppers
4 onions
1/2 cup salt
3 cups sugar
2 cups white vinegar
1 teaspoons mustard seeds
2 teaspoons celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric

Prepare the cucumbers,green and red peppers and onions, sprinkle with salt for 1 1/2 hours,then drain off liquid.
Add vegetables to the sugar,seeds and vinegar mix and bring to the boil.
cook for 5 minutes

Thicken with 3 tablespoons cornflour, and a little extra vinegar.

Bottle hot in self sealing jam jars.
The lids will rust over a period of time, don't use those jars if you are not going to be using it all with in one year.
I add a little curry sometimes. Go by taste. A nice pickle will improve on keeping. . enjoy

sticky232, Nov 4, 5:49pm
Would it be nice if added some pineapple