Spicy Nachos or con carne

tarshlove, Nov 17, 4:08am
Does anyone have a recipe for a nice spicy one please. TYIA

vintagekitty, Nov 17, 4:11am
I just fry off some mince, add a can of chilli beans, onion and garlic, can of chopped mexican tomatos, easy and takes 5 minuts to make. Layer with corn chips,mince, cheese and serve with sour cream on top.

verrans, Nov 17, 5:45am
I love the maggi chilli con carne sachets(think they are cook in the pot). You add a can of red kidney beansI i rinse them through a colander first, can of tomatoes, mince, water and its more or less done. I always add about a cup of kernal corn and half an onion to it. Brown mince add other ingreds, bring to boil then simmer. Nice and spicey

rosathemad, Aug 13, 10:08am
My favourite is this Jamie Oliver one: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/chilli-con-carne

A couple of things - it's pretty flexible, we've made it with no meat, and you can switch out the beans for different beans or even another veg (potato, kumara or pumpkin would be great). You can adjust the spice to taste - and the full recipe does make quite a lot, so me and my better half usually have it two or three nights running with different stuff (i.e. rice, in tortillas, on baked spuds).