Apart from cheesecake, what can I do with a tub of

unknowndisorder, Aug 10, 5:32am
Bump for anyone else after the two cheese loaf recipe :)

xtownie, Aug 10, 8:46am
On toast with apricot jam

lilyfield, Aug 11, 11:38pm
September 2013? Even frugal me would biff it.

just_lookin1, Aug 12, 1:02am
If you notice the date of the 1st post, it is Sat 21 sept. a year ago nearly. 2013.

rainrain1, Aug 12, 1:34am
use it instead of butter on sandwiches

sampa, Aug 12, 2:42am
Haha just looking. that's pretty funny. Back to the future. ;-)

For what it's worth - cream cheese blended with smoked salmon makes a lovely dip/spread. Add lemon juice and/or zest to taste and capers after blending for extra flavour. Dill would be nice to if you have any handy.

just_lookin1, Aug 12, 8:00am
Lol yeah. reading above, i can see it was bumped for yummy receipe

tinkyandted, Aug 12, 8:04am
simon gault does a nice pumpkin cream cheese & indian spice mix dip . verrrry mooreish tho - make with caution !

tramore, Aug 13, 7:14am
I put it with jam into the centre of uncooked muffins and then cook them Delicious!

bev00, Aug 13, 11:13am
some great ideas

chris160179, Sep 22, 2:11am
cream cheese?

I bought some a week and a bit ago (not even sure why) and it is BB 24.09.13, so need to use it.

Sweet stuff too, but I have chicken breasts out for dinner, so I can stuff it inside, but with what?

ETA: TIA! :D

245sam, Sep 22, 2:22am
chris160179, there's no need to rush with using the cream cheese. Providing you have kept it appropriately refrigerated it should still be ok for up to a month (possibly more) after the date shown on its container. It can also be frozen and a great use for the previously frozen cream cheese is this
HERB AND TWO-CHEESE BREAD
250g (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ cups (170g/6oz) grated tasty cheese
1 tbsp green onion slices
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾-1½ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp salt

Beat the cream cheese, margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs and milk; mix well.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add the cheese and onions and toss them through. Add the cream cheese mixture, mixing just until moistened – the mixture will be very thick. Place the mixture into a greased and floured 22∙5cm x 12∙5cm (9”x5”) loaf pan.
Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
This loaf cuts best if made a day ahead.

and here's a chicken recipe that you might like.
"Chicken Pesto Bacon Wraps
Serve these moist chicken breasts with char-grilled vegetables and a pesto yoghurt sauce.

Ingredients
4 x chicken breasts, skin on
4 tsp Tararua Cream Cheese
4 tsp sundried tomato or basil pesto
8 rashers Kiwi bacon
Method
Lift the skin gently from the chicken breast and place the cream cheese and pesto under the skin. Wrap the chicken with 2 rashers of bacon strips, place on a hot grill and cook, turning often, for 15 -25 minutes. Alternatively, fan bake in a 200 degC oven for 15 -20 minutes. Take care with poultry; the juice must run clear.

To make the bacon extra crunchy, place under the grill for a few minutes before serving to give extra colour if desired.
Bacon wrapped around meat during cooking not only provides great flavour but keeps the meat extra moist. I use either middle bacon or bacon strips on these chicken wraps."

The second recipe and lots more can be found at:-
http://www.tararua.net.nz/recipes

Hope that helps. :-))

jynx66, Sep 22, 2:25am
I use lite cream cheese as a spread on bread instead of butter or margarine because it's a lot lower in calories!

sherrie, Sep 22, 2:50am
cream cheese is good mixed with a packet of toffee pops that have been put I food processor and crushed. Roll into balls and roll in coconut. Put into freezer or fridge to set!.
Yummy!

lotsagiggles, Sep 23, 5:46am
I make soup with mine. There is a whole recipe book by Philadelphia full of different recipes you can make with it. Admittedly usually I make cheesecakes but handy in all sorts of things. They also have a website that's got some cool recipes http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/main.aspx

koru_designs, Sep 25, 9:42am
I found a recipe on the net recently (my father had the same question) for snow peas stuffed with cream cheese & caviar. Clearly something that should be a staple in every household. O_o

Seriously though. it's good as a general spread (try with bananas & cinnamon on toast) & nice with stuffed potatoes or pikelets (I make pikelets with basil or smoked salmon pieces on one side - you just pop a little bit of your fav topping on top of the batter as one side is cooking, then flip over & it cooks into the pikelet. the cream cheese is nice as a spread on top).

wendalls, Sep 25, 9:59am
Delicious on mushrooms. Fry up chopped stalks and garlic, them mix with cream cheese, Parmesan, paprika or might be cayenne pepper and onion powder if u have it. Place onto large mushrooms and Oven bake. It's fool proof and i just guess the quantities. Always to die for!

ngacooky, Sep 25, 10:11am
make chocolate muffins and put cream cheese in the middle. half full the muffin tin with chocolate mixture, then put a little bit of cream cheese in, then top up with more chocolate mixture

holly-rocks, Sep 25, 10:52am
Had a really yummy filo roll type thing at our local market in the weekend ~ was filled with mushrooms and cream cheese. Yummy!

rivercottage1, Sep 25, 5:30pm
I use any left overs in cheese sauce for macaroni, just add it in with the grated cheese to the sauce. make it super smooth. SO GOOD

huia991, Sep 25, 6:13pm
Stir through scrambled eggs. Cream cheese, date & walnut sandwiches. Smoked salmon & cream cheese.

crystalmoon, Sep 26, 2:47am
Make a good ole fashioned Cream cheese ball,cream cheese,grated cheese, fresh herbs, worchestshire sauce, soup mix, whatever flavours you like. Mix well and either roll into a ball or put in bowl and serve with crackers. maybe thin a bit with milk, if too stiff.

asue, Jan 4, 2:08am
Mix cream cheese with corn relish (1 part cream cheese to 2 parts relish).
Use as a dip or a sandwich filling.