Has anyone made a nice cherry ripe cheesecake?

shore-trader, Jul 26, 3:17am
I am making one for mum's birthday this week and there are so many recipes.. was hoping someone could tell me which they used please, and if it was nice? TIA

shore-trader, Jul 26, 9:01am
No one?

juliewn, Jul 26, 5:20pm
Hi.. I haven't made one, however if you type cherry ripe into the messageboard search bar on the left of your screen, then for 'date posted' change it to 'last year' and search, recipes will come up.. there may be a cheesecake someone has tried and tested there..

it sounds delicious..

shore-trader, Jul 27, 3:17am
I am making one for mum's birthday this week and there are so many recipes. was hoping someone could tell me which they used please, and if it was nice! TIA

shore-trader, Jul 27, 9:01am
No one!

fog2, Jul 27, 3:32pm
No I haven't but do as juliewn said,I do make the cherry ripe mudcake (recipe off trademe) and it is yummo,problem is can't seem to buy cherry ripes here anymore I have to get them from Aussie.

juliewn, Jul 27, 5:20pm
Hi. I haven't made one, however if you type cherry ripe into the messageboard search bar on the left of your screen, then for 'date posted' change it to 'last year' and search, recipes will come up. there may be a cheesecake someone has tried and tested there.

it sounds delicious.

pam.delilah, Jul 27, 7:39pm
Cherry Ripe cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
250g packet chocolate ripple biscuits, finely crushed,
1 cup desiccated coconut,
1/2 cup sweetened, condensed milk,
100g butter, melted,
65g Cherry Ripe bar, chopped, to decorate.

FILLING
4 x 65g Cherry Ripe bars, chopped,
1/2 cup caster sugar,
1/2 cup thickened cream,
3 drops pink food colouring,
2 x 250g packets cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature.

METHOD
1. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, coconut, condensed milk and butter.
2. Press mixture firmly onto base and sides of a 22cm spring-form pan, using a flat-bottomed glass. Chill 20 minutes, until firm.
3. FILLING. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt Cherry Ripe over low heat 4-5 minutes, until smooth. Add sugar, cream and colouring, stirring over heat until well combined. Cool.
4. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in Cherry Ripe mixture until combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared shell. Chill for 3 hours, or overnight, until firm. Serve topped with chopped Cherry Ripe bar

pam.delilah, Jul 27, 7:44pm
this may also help if you can not get cherry ripes

cherry ripe bars
For the dough
175g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g unsalted butter, softened
50ml cold milk
For the cherry filling
600g glacé cherries
125g condensed milk
150g desiccated coconut
2 tsp vanilla extract
250g dark chocolate, chopped
Take a 18cm square cake tin – one with a removable base, ideally – butter the insides well and cover the base with a square of nonstick baking paper.
Put the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and rub in the butter until it's utterly worked through and all the lumps have gone. Add the milk, and mix to a soft, even dough, then press this into the base of the tin firmly and evenly.
Heat the oven to 180C and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until set and dry on top. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
To make the filling, put 400g of the glacé cherries in a food processor and mince very finely (or do it by hand if you have the patience and don't mind the stickiness). Mix in the condensed milk, coconut and vanilla until you have a smooth, pink, coconut paste. Cut the remaining cherries in half, stir them through the mix, then spread it evenly over the chocolate base.
Return the tin to the oven, bake at the same temperature for a further 25 minutes, or until it's starting to firm and go golden on top. Remove from the oven and leave until cold.
To finish the bars, melt the chocolate, spread this over the top and leave until cold before cutting into squares.
orthese past posting
Cherry Ripe Bites

• 4 cups desiccated coconut • 400 g red glace cherries, chopped • 2 tablespoons cherry brandy, flavoured essence • 3 drops red food coloring • 395 g sweetened condensed milk • 375 g dark chocolate • 30 g Kremelta Combine coconut, cherries, essence, food colouring and sweetened condensed milk, mix well. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on tray, refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate and Kremelta or oil together. Re-roll balls before dipping into chocolate mixture. Place on baking paper lined tray to set. Re-dip in chocolate mixture if necessary or if you like a thicker chocolate layer

shore-trader, Jul 28, 2:21am
this is the recipe I have off the internet.... have you tried it?
I went to the dairy up the road and they had cherry ripe bars that go out of date next month 3 for $1, so i think i am definitely meant to make it ha ha

fog2, Jul 28, 3:32pm
No I haven't but do as juliewn said,I do make the cherry ripe mudcake (recipe off trademe) and it is yummo,problem is can't seem to buy cherry ripes here anymore I have to get them from Aussie.

pam.delilah, Jul 28, 7:44pm
this may also help if you can not get cherry ripes

cherry ripe bars
For the dough
175g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g unsalted butter, softened
50ml cold milk
For the cherry filling
600g glacé cherries
125g condensed milk
150g desiccated coconut
2 tsp vanilla extract
250g dark chocolate, chopped
Take a 18cm square cake tin – one with a removable base, ideally – butter the insides well and cover the base with a square of nonstick baking paper.
Put the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and rub in the butter until it's utterly worked through and all the lumps have gone. Add the milk, and mix to a soft, even dough, then press this into the base of the tin firmly and evenly.
Heat the oven to 180C and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until set and dry on top. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
To make the filling, put 400g of the glacé cherries in a food processor and mince very finely (or do it by hand if you have the patience and don't mind the stickiness). Mix in the condensed milk, coconut and vanilla until you have a smooth, pink, coconut paste. Cut the remaining cherries in half, stir them through the mix, then spread it evenly over the chocolate base.
Return the tin to the oven, bake at the same temperature for a further 25 minutes, or until it's starting to firm and go golden on top. Remove from the oven and leave until cold.
To finish the bars, melt the chocolate, spread this over the top and leave until cold before cutting into squares.
orthese past posting
Cherry Ripe Bites

• 4 cups desiccated coconut • 400 g red glace cherries, chopped • 2 tablespoons cherry brandy, flavoured essence • 3 drops red food coloring • 395 g sweetened condensed milk • 375 g dark chocolate • 30 g Kremelta Combine coconut, cherries, essence, food colouring and sweetened condensed milk, mix well. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on tray, refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate and Kremelta or oil together. Re-roll balls before dipping into chocolate mixture. Place on baking paper lined tray to set. Re-dip in chocolate mixture if necessary or if you like a thicker chocolate layer

shore-trader, Jul 29, 2:21am
this is the recipe I have off the internet. have you tried it!
I went to the dairy up the road and they had cherry ripe bars that go out of date next month 3 for $1, so i think i am definitely meant to make it ha ha

pam.delilah, Jul 30, 5:40am
some times with cheese cakes I half the cream cheese and put in sour cream or Greek yogurt which can lighten it

shore-trader, Jul 31, 5:27am
Just in case anyone wants to try this. the flavour was lovely but it was a bit heavy and thick. would have been good if it was a bit lighter. I'm not a great cook though so wouldn't know know how to fix that