Ideas for using baby food not with babies :)

anne1955, Nov 4, 7:05am
I want urgently little baby food size jars so thinking about what I can use contents for? Anyone with ideas do hate waste. Thought about muffins say for apple baby food? Juice or very juice type fruit ones Just to use up contents? Cheers Anne

awoftam, Nov 4, 7:10am
I used to make dog biscuits with baby food. Instead of using that tho if you are near a discount store you should be able to source small glass jars very cheaply.

anne1955, Nov 4, 7:12am
:) Have tried to hunt out new ones cheap enough to make a trial run of what I want to do with them but sadly on the high price side. Cheers Anne

245sam, Nov 4, 7:22am
anne1955, the apple baby food can be very handy for when just a little apple sauce is needed. Do you have freezer space? - I'm wondering about emptying the apple sauce into small freezer containers (ice cube trays or silicon mini muffin trays) and then you'd have the jars for use as you're planning.

Hope that helps. :-))

karlymouse, Nov 4, 7:33am
If you are into smoothies . perhaps they could be blitzed into a drink with a liquid

eastie3, Nov 4, 8:10am
From todays What for Dinner thread:
Dinner tonight is pork mince meatballs. With steamed golden kumera and an orange and avocado cos lettuce salad.

Mixture has a half a tin of ( Watties)baby apples, grated carrot, fresh breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, grated red onion and soy sauce. Make golf ball sized meatballs,and roll in seasoned flour. .Brown in pan. Transfer to baking dish, baste with a mix of soy sauce, brown sugar and a little water. Place a dab of applesauce on each meatball. Cover with foil and cook for 20mins at 170C).

rainrain1, Nov 4, 8:08pm
Baby apple food. on your roast pork.

mothergoose_nz, Nov 5, 9:16am
Arthur holmes is the company that sells glass ware

suzanna, Nov 5, 12:21pm
I have a heap as we were going to use them for a wedding but decided not to. They're yours if you want them but we won't be in Dunedin until next weekend. I probably have to set up an auction in order to abide by the rules so let me know if you're interested.

lythande1, Nov 5, 6:21pm
Why not just put a want ad on Freecycle for the empty jars?

Or buy small jars from one of the jar places.

village.green, Nov 5, 8:11pm
This place is quite reasonable for glass jars etc and the more you buy the cheaper they are https://www.arthurholmes.co.nz/
based in Wellington. Every time I've dealt with them they have been very helpful and answer queries promptly. And as an aside, probably cheaper to buy the empty jars than the full ones from supermarket as you don't really want the contents anyway?

anne1955, Nov 8, 6:16am
That would be wonderful I'll keep an eye on your auction or you can on mine and ask me a question on one thanks :)

music_note, Jul 7, 10:13am
Opp shops sometimes have clean baby food jars with lids.