SOS can you cook flounder in the oven

boothy1, Nov 7, 4:36am
Can and how do you cook flounder in the oven,,hopless in the pan
Eveo

sifty, Nov 7, 4:44am
Yep. Wrap in foil with butter, pepper, lemon and salt.

Delicious.

kirmag, Nov 7, 4:47am
Heat roasting dish in oven on high heat with oil and butter in there. Coat whole flounder in a dusting of flour. Pop in hot hot dish. Turn after 5 min. Leave another 5. Yummm my fav!

timturtle, Nov 7, 6:45am
I do in the microwave. Put on dinner plate knob of butter on top cover with handy towel nuke about 3 to 4 mins then check with a fork if not cooked nuke in 1 minute intervals till done. Eat off same plate easy and no clean up

beaker59, Nov 7, 6:53am
I did this once for a dinner party 8 separate parcels one whole flounder in each, plenty of salad and a roast potato kumara salad lots of wine a very memorable evening :)

kirmag, Nov 7, 7:07am
Sounds pretty easy! But you wouldn't get the crispy skin n tail to crunch on :p

lythande1, Nov 7, 6:30pm
Flounder is the easiest fish to fillet. I do that, crumb it and cook in the pan.

cleggyboy, Nov 7, 8:53pm
Large ones are delicious smoked.
First time I tried it was at a plumbers end of year Xmas party, I was very surprise how nice it was. They did oysters & mussels the same way.

kirmag, Nov 8, 1:03am
Just in a normal smoker? Flounder is my favourite--est ever fish and I love smoked fish too. so will have to try this!

cleggyboy, Nov 8, 2:10am
Yep those ones you use sawdust and a bit of methalated spirit.

kirmag, Nov 8, 3:07am
Thanks! Just smoked with the saw dust or a bit of brown sugar n salt too?

I guess a bit of experimenting there won't hurt.

gardner12, Jul 14, 10:54am
yep that's how have always done it cause its too big for the pan and when you are cooking more than one you need more space for them, and yes smoked is wonderful, son in law does that