Argh, cant find pearl (israeli) couscous anywhere?

molly37, Dec 24, 5:12am
3 Manukau supermarkets today. None. Might make an early start tomorrow.
Anyone seen it? Want to make a roast vege salad with it for Xmas Lunch.

myboystormy, Dec 24, 5:21am
Try bin inn.got mine there

ed65, Dec 24, 5:22am
Apologies if this isn't even close to what you're after but Trade Aid stores sell Palestinian couscous https://www.tradeaid.org.nz/index.php/page/shop/pi_categoryid/52
Their closest store to Manukau is at Sylvia Park.

venna2, Dec 24, 5:57am
And it's much better to buy Palestinian ones than Israeli ones, surely.

molly37, Dec 24, 6:12am
Thanks I'm going to Howick tomorrow so will go there. awesome.

christin, Dec 25, 5:15pm
Some in new lyn new world. Too far away but try your local.

It's in the foresight food area. Plain and some with flavourings

unknowndisorder, Dec 25, 6:23pm
I guess auto correct hit your post? (Pretty sure you mean foreign, but it gave me a giggle) :)
Merry Xmas :)

uli, Dec 25, 9:38pm
Since it is just pasta you can sub anything really from risoni to spaghetti LOL :)

christin, Dec 27, 7:50am
Lol sorry, you think foreign would be more used than foresight lol

wahinetoa62, Dec 27, 8:24am
I love Isreali couscous! so yummy - I usually get it from binn inn - cooked in some vege stock then add anything you like - dont really need a dressing and so good -

cameron-albany, Dec 27, 8:32am
that kind of couscous is just pasta! Not a lot of people realise that. Any dish that calls for it can EASILY substitute some other similar-sized pasta such as Orzo or Pastina or tripolini.

illusion_, Dec 27, 9:00pm
ANY kind of couscous is just pasta

peterlap1, Dec 27, 9:06pm
www.gazettetimes.com › Lifestyles › Food and CookingSep 15, 2010 - Traditionally, couscous was made by rolling moistened semolina (the hard cracked wheat produced by the first crushing in the milling process) in a bowl of flour. Since it isn't made with a conventional dough, it's not a true pasta-and the flour coating takes it past the point of being simply a grain.

peterlap1, Dec 27, 9:09pm
I use it a lot, it has a taste all of it's own. There is a supplier on Trade Me that I buy it in 1 KG. bags from so that I always have a supply. It is delicious with roasted red capsicum spread through it and a I always use lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh Thyme in it before I add anything else.

uli, Dec 28, 7:57am
No - the original couscous is cracked wheat, not milled flour made into pasta.

wasala, Feb 21, 5:01pm
Good lord. Fancy you two disagreeing!