Utterly perfect poached eggs!

Page 2 / 2
griffo4, Dec 6, 9:12pm
l got some yesterday but they don't look like the ones in elliehens video my one was $7.99 with a handle and 3 feet on it and it is soft sided and yellow
l might have to go and look for the one in the video but this one it not too bad and l like the handle

retired, Dec 6, 10:13pm
Ellehen. even though I have the silicon egg poachers I tried your demonstration film. My husband, sick in bed, had a perfectly poached egg and tomato on toast. Many thanks for that, learning several ways to poach an egg now!

griffo4, Dec 7, 1:47am
yes l think they will is your one soft sided
lt did a good job of cooking the eggs which is the most important thing and the handle made it easier to fish out of the pot

dibble35, Dec 7, 1:53am
Well I got some from Farmers last night after reading on here how good everyone found them 1/2 price so were $5 for 3. First lot I think I had the water boiling to hard not simmering and the water went into the 'cups'. 2nd lot were much better. The yolk wasn't runny enough for my liking but i'm sure i'll perfect it soon enough

nauru, Dec 8, 6:49am
Mine are the same type as yours Ellie but pink, they are great aren't they?.

jag5, Dec 8, 7:49am
The yukky ribbony bits talked of earlier indicate that your eggs are not fresh. A fresh egg stays a perfect shape when broken into the pan of water. I am so lucky to have some hens. the best eggs

les6, Dec 8, 8:54am
uncle bill`s,$1.78 for a pair.

bev00, Dec 8, 10:49am
good ideas . shame elliehen has been disappeared

nauru, Dec 8, 11:31am
They are really good aren't they. I use them in the MW too if I'm making egg sandwiches. Just pop the moulds into a ramekin to keep them steady, prick the yolk, cover with kitchen roll and cook for 20-30 secs.

rover110, Dec 9, 12:07am
I brought my hubby a 4 egg poacher that he loves because he can't poach an egg to save himself, I hate the thing and prefer to poach an egg the old fashioned way, in a pot with plenty of water and a dash of vinegar and with super fresh eggs that we get from our chickens, yummo and perfect every time!

jaybee6, Dec 9, 8:16am
I also use mine for making bread baskets and fill with egg cheese bacon etc etc. they are great. Think out side the square they will cook a lot of things.

awoftam, Dec 9, 8:33am
I assume you heat the water first.

aktow, Dec 20, 2:31pm
no. just water out of the tap., we have the tap lever in the middle so most of the time i use luke to cold water. today i had the electric fry pan out so i put water in to that . i waited until the water was simmering and then put in 8 eggs. i just leave them to cook. , they might not look like egg shaped but still good enough to eat.

roshu, Dec 20, 7:26pm
This thread bounced back from last December! Good to see it around again. I now have some of the silicon egg cookers and I also "hard boil" the eggs in them.(Just cook till firm) Very pretty in the salad.

roshu, Dec 21, 12:09am
Something I do with the firm eggs now is sprinkle a little herb salt in the base along with some torn parsley so that they come out decorated!

nauru, Dec 21, 6:11am
I do that for salads too roshu, I also cook eggs like that for sandwiches, so easy. Sometimes I beat the eggs, add chopped chives and cook to have on toast.

inmagic, Mar 18, 9:00am
Sorry can someone post a picture of the egg poachers that were originally discussed in the thread? The warehouse does several kinds and I don't know which one is the right one.