Asparagus For Lovers Of

anne1955, Jul 23, 12:58am
Asparagus unless you grow it can be expensive to buy. Last week I scored some at 91cents a bunch. I saw my friend shopping with me look at me and ask as I live alone will you eat all that tonight? I said it will last have no fear. Today she was visiting and saw it, said it looks better than in the shop :) I can make it last a month at least.

Try and buy with the heads as tight as possible but not earth ending. Recut bottoms do cut to much you can cut more but can't put it back on. When you get to nice fresher looking stalks That's it. Use a tooth pick and put a small hole up centre only need to go a small as in very small distance up each stalk. Put it in a container of water I just fill a cup. No need to keep in fridge unless you maybe live up north keep out of direct sunlight and each other day change water. If keeping for more than a week keep an eye on bottom of stalks, if need be cut a little more off and re prick. Now for a lovely idea. Crepes with Asparagus Now don't say you can't make them :) Just make oversized thin pikelets set aside covered steam very lightly dependant on how you like to eat it but it will get a bit of extra cooking in oven. Make a cheese sauce or make up two packets of it, or white with grated cheese added when made up.
Now you can toss in bits of ham, bacon garlic and jolly thing you want. either roll up each crepe, pancake or layer into dish I spray with spray oil first or but/marg or line with baking paper. filling with asparagus and other things or add them to sauce mix. Place in dish oven heated to about 160 cover in sauce put in oven till heated through. I use a lot of blue cheese so often even crumble any type of cheese with breadcrumbs if you like before putting in oven Go for it.