makespacenow, Mar 29, 11:25pm
Green Tomato Chutney
2.3kg green tomatoes
450g onions
1 tablespoon salt
225 g sultanas
225g raisins
28g root chinger
4 chillies (I use habaneros as I like hot stuff)
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
12 cloves of garlic
570 ml malt vinegar
450 demerara sugar/or pectin stock if not using sugar (search recipes I posted the pectin stock recipe few weeks ago)

wash and finely chop the tomatoes, peel and finely chop the onions. Place the two together in a bowl, sprinkle with the salt and leave for at least an hour. Add raisins and sultanas. Bruise the ginger and chillies and put in other spices (you can use muslin if you prefer), add the vinegar and sugar/pectin stock. Leave for another hour (or overnight). Then Bring to the boil, then switch down and simmer stirring frequently. When you reach the desired thickness pour into hot sterilised jars.

2halls, Mar 29, 11:31pm
Slice them thickly,dip in dry polenta (fine cornmeal) which you have seasoned with salt and pepper . pan fry until crispy and golden on the outside.

harrislucinda, Mar 30, 12:11am
makemockjamPutin achocolatecakebutwill havetofindrecipeforyou

eastie3, Mar 30, 6:01am
Just fry them slowly, I have a panful cooking with onions,red peppers and the last of the black cherry tomatoes. Salt,black pepper and some fresh basil. I'm also making crumbed chicken schnitzel which I will drizzle with pomegranate molasses, and a fresh green salad with avocado,basil and tomatoes. It's looking and smelling wonderful.

elliehen, Mar 30, 6:15am
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Café.

jimdouglas, Mar 31, 11:22pm
Yeap very tasty too ;)