Restaurant on Dominion Road in Auckland that has.

porcupine_tree, Mar 27, 12:47am
perhaps closed down!

It was an awesome Chinese restaurant called '555 Restaurant', funnily enough it was located at 555 Dominion Road, a few shops down from the famous 'Barilla' dumplings restaurant. My partner and I frequent it every time we go to Auckland which is a few times a year but unfortunately the trip we just took (last week) revealed that it had closed down and a Japanese restaurant has taken its place. I would like to know if they have moved or worse closed down for good. We were last in Auckland at the start of November and it was still operating therefore it must have changed in the last 4 or 5 months. The interior looked a little rough but they had great, authentic Chinese food and it was always packed with people. If anybody has any idea what happened to this place I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I posted this in travel as well as I was not sure if it was strictly a recipe query.

elliehen, Mar 27, 12:55am

mjhdeal, Mar 27, 12:56am
I did a bit of googling; it was called "Delicious Dishes."

http://cheapeats.co.nz/2013/01/delicious-dishes/

Can't see where it has gone to, though. Shame. It sounds good.

pericles, Mar 27, 12:56am
eeeekan E

aktow, Mar 27, 2:38pm
about ayears ago,i stopped on Dominion Road to get someAsian pork,, i walked towards the shop when i noticed in another restaurantwindow,, staff sitting on the floor,, i walked in to the restaurant to see what they were doing,,, they were rolling mincedmeat in to meat balls on a dirty vinyl floor ,, i am not saying they used board or anything on top of the floor,, no,, they had meat on the floor.
i was stunned and said to the owner,, that is disgusting and you could make a lot of people sick,, she said we wash the floor before we roll the meat,, i rang the health department and they said they could do nothing as there was no proof,,,

chevcamaro, Mar 28, 7:49am
blo on the pie,
how bizzare we tow da car