Cooking a chicken from frozen.

july10, Mar 28, 2:22am
What do yah reckon! I really need it for dinner party tonight, do I cook fast or slow! Any tips! Do I cover it!

beaker59, Mar 28, 2:25am
I would just cook it a bit longer and still check juices for colour. I've done it a few times and found it works well. Harder to stuff though.

july10, Mar 28, 2:27am
Thanks beaker this one is already stuffed. I have been looking up old threads and everyone on there seems to thinks its ok to cook frozen chicken, but I just posted in General and they so far against it.

yellowwood, Mar 28, 2:38am
Bit late for today but we cook a lot of meat from frozen in the slow cooker. Just put on low and leave all day.

july10, Mar 28, 2:40am
thanks yellowwood do you think it would be ok if I cooked it on low in the oven!

gilligee, Mar 28, 2:58am
You could thaw it in the microwave if you are worried.

nfh1, Mar 28, 4:13am
I would definitely not cook it from frozen if it is stuffed.Make sure you mention it to your dinner guests, they may turn vegetarian.

tjman, Mar 28, 4:44am
I would go out and buy a fresh one.I'm causious about chicken.

angel404, Mar 28, 9:42am
I always cook my roast chooks from frozen. Never had a problem.

july10, Mar 28, 11:19am
Hi everyone, I have eaten my cooked frozen chicken and so far feel fine, I will message you back if anything changes x

nfh1, Mar 28, 9:26pm
How are your guests!

elliehen, Mar 28, 9:58pm
Newly converted vegetarians!

toffeey, Mar 28, 10:00pm
I think you'll survive as long as the juices were clear. I always understood that the main issue with chicken was the risk of campylobactor, which is much less of a risk with frozen chook anyway. Big problem with chicken is people cooking fresh chicken so much nowdays and if it's not cooked properly you risk a dose of campylobactor. Unfortunately it only takes a few of these bugs to make you very sick.

july10, Mar 28, 10:08pm
Thanks guys, I think the guests are ok lol, I saw them this morning they looked ok. I just hope it dosent hit them later, they have their little girls birthday today and its going to be a full on day for them.
Il keep you posted if I hear anything.

elliehen, Mar 28, 10:10pm
It will be loud ;-)

july10, Mar 28, 10:15pm
I know, unfortunately they don't live very far away from me too.
I kinda cringed when they had double helpings of the stuffing too.

propagator, Mar 29, 1:20am
If you were that worried you probably shouldn't have served it!

nfh1, Mar 29, 1:30am
Were they very good friends!

july10, Mar 29, 1:42am
Yeh nah it's all good I feel fine, they are good friends, am meeting up with them for coffee tomorrow so I'l be able see tomorrow what they're like, either way it will all be out of their system too by then.

fifie, Mar 29, 9:39am
True, i ate chicken from a takeaway while travelling a week ago, ended up very sick from campylobactor, Dr told me aftertests results were in it came from the chicken i ate.No more subway for me.

toffeey, Mar 29, 11:09am
Yick. I remember the'what's really in our food programme that found that nearly every sample of fresh raw chicken in every supermarket had some degree of campylobacter. Scary stuff. But I think they said it isn't present in frozen chicken.