Reuseable Ice Blocks for Drinks

rai5, Feb 17, 3:15am
We have a small fridge freezer that is frost free. We have to make ice for drinks in a covered container. My husband tells me that you can get little things that you freeze and use in your drinks, then wash and freeze again. He thinks he saw them on a TV advert and they are a glad product. We have looked in the supermarket but haven't spotted them.

Has anyone any idea about these or where to buy them at a retail outlet or on line!

cookessentials, Feb 17, 3:17am
yes, there is but the name escapes me at the moment. Make My Day in Aussie does them.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 3:20am
Here they are. Called chill balls. Make My Day used to sell to NZ Distributors but price was a bit prohibitive.
http://www.makemydayproducts.com/bar/chillball
You may find someone who still has them or you might be able to buy from Aussie.

duckmoon, Feb 17, 3:24am
I have seen them at briscoes

retired, Feb 17, 3:30am
Yes I have quite a collection, little pink elephants etc.You can get them in the shape of ice cubes, cant recall where I saw them!

hilt_dwane, Feb 17, 3:42am
Do you have a Payless Plastics near you! They would be the sort of place to have them. I have had a whole lot for years - orange, lemon and lime segments. Dont recall where I got them though

drsr, Feb 17, 3:45am

merrill1, Feb 17, 3:50am
Living & Giving used to sell sea shapes in diff colours.I have some,,,,,, few yrs old now not sure if you can still buy.

vonkrum, Feb 17, 4:56am
countdown had some the other day at Putaruru, down near the plastic wraps, alfoil etc. and reusable snap seal bags.

rai5, Feb 17, 8:31am
Many thanks for all your help. Our local Countdown didn't have them but as I live in Takanini I might try some others. When I asked at Briscoes at Manukau they looked at me as if I was asking for !. I will try Living & Giving and the mightape web site. Thanks again.