Breaded crumbed eggs over asparagus

katje, Mar 5, 6:08am

unknowndisorder, Mar 11, 7:06am
Have you tried this Katje! Baking the eggs now, and will just steam the asparagus tomorrow. Doing a couple of extra eggs, and spinach was on special, so thought that will be yum as well, along with steamed spuds.

Tonight is chips, chicken and salad.

Oops, thanks for the link :)

katje, Mar 11, 10:36pm
No problemo.
I havent tried it yet but Im going to.

gerry64, Mar 11, 11:40pm
cheers for sharing the link - off to get some asparagus

wheelz, Mar 12, 12:25am
Where you getting fresh asparagus this time of year!

unknowndisorder, Mar 12, 2:13am
Countdown has got USA asparagus on special at $3. wish it was Kiwi stuff, but Katje's recipe link has been playing on my mind since I opened it the other day ;)

245sam, Mar 12, 2:22am
gerry64, is in Australia - maybe asparagus is able to be grown somewhere there all year round, or at least out of our N.Z. season, or maybe she has access to imported asparagus, just as we do here.:-))

gerry64, Mar 12, 2:58am
its imported from blimmin Peru!

rarogal, Mar 12, 3:42am
Yes I saw that recipe too, looks yummy, haven't tried it yet.

245sam, Mar 12, 4:09am
gerry64, over there in Aus. you're no better off re asparagus than we are here in N.Z!
How much is the Peruvian asparagus!This week at Countdown 150g USA Asparagus = $2.99 - the alternative 'special' is 400g NZ Spinach (same price).:-))

katje, Mar 12, 5:01am
peruvian asparagus seriously! i was just going to used canned which is gross but hey if you cant find the real stuff.

unknowndisorder, Mar 12, 7:42am
Well, the eggs were a bit of a bomb, nice enough but I had overcooked them, so not runny.
after having steamed the asparagus, I would not bake it, the meal was rich enough for us, but we did have spuds and spinach as well.

Oh, I had put muffin papers in the tin, but that was more a PITA.

will have to try again, but think maybe poaching would suit me better :)

thanks again, Katje :)

gerry64, Mar 12, 11:25am
the asparagus was $1.99 for 10 pieces - i didnt buy it looked old and woody - will keep my eye out for some that looks a little better - bought 2 cheap caulis instead and made not quite nigellas cauli fried rice - old boy who is not a rice fan really loved it
http://www.notquitenigella.com/2013/03/06/low-carb-cauliflower-fried-rice/

katje, Mar 13, 10:02am
Maybe try again and just for a few minutes and not with muffin papers :) Mine worked great