My Kitchen Rules

Page 9 / 10
twindizzy, Mar 27, 1:53am
She could put a fish to sleep!

holly-rocks, Mar 27, 2:19am
Haha! Classic!

lodgelocum, Mar 27, 7:46am
More cat fights to come! scores quite high considering the comments from Pete and Manu.

esther-anne, Mar 27, 8:33am
And this is exactly what has bothered me from the beginning of this show - like way back.I mentioned it last season but no-one commented.

Pete and Manu are the makers of the scores and once they have the combined scores of the other contestants they can manipulate the final score any which way THEY would like it to go by scoring accordingly.IMHO it would be fairer if Pete and Manu scored first - then the group score is canvassed and added.I truly don't think the judges scores would influence the individual scores given by the other contestants because their scores are so influenced by what they think about the people they are scoring.
Am I completely off track here!

lodgelocum, Mar 27, 8:44am
Nah, think you have a very valid point, they most certainly can manipulate the score.In the case of tonight's judging, Pete clearly stated he was so excited about their entrée when it arrived at the table, it looked great but sadly didn't taste great, yet he scored a 7!

patsprat, Mar 27, 9:25am
I didn't think the technical difficulty of the 'Vietnamese pancake' was anywhere near that of many of the previous mains, and served up with half a plate of lettuce leaves! Looked like more of an entree, I thought.
Disappointing that these two then ended up in second place after some much better efforts by other contestants who put more elements into their dishes. IMHO.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 28, 12:00am
I was a bit surprised too at how well the judges scored them. They obviously want to keep them in the series for quite a while!

alby100, Mar 28, 12:03am
Lisa and Stafano failed twice, miserably, they deserve to go.

jojonz1, Mar 28, 4:31am
Lisa got on my nerves, never saw her smile

esther-anne, Mar 28, 7:11am
Thanks ll.Seems the majority here don't agree or don't care if the scores are manipulated.Just doesn't seem like a level playing field to me.Still love the show though!

jaydan1, Mar 28, 7:23am
I think the judges score on food served.not time that it's served in! Just my opinion. And.I also don't think those girls that cooked last night are that bad at all. They may have a lot of opinions, but always score fairly.

mwood, Mar 28, 8:28am
hey remember the last 2 weeks was an elimination test for the bottom scorers - plus the light weight gatecrashers - hopefully the standard will pick up as we get closer to the finals.

holly-rocks, Mar 30, 7:15am
So glad Lisa and Stafano have gone. OMG she was Boring! At least Ashlee & Sophia keep things interesting and not so uptight and serious!

bedazzledjewels, Apr 1, 4:05am
Yes, good to see them gone. I doubt they could cook much anyway.
Now what are we in for tonight! Is it some sort of team challenge!

lodgelocum, Apr 1, 4:11am
Looking forward to tonight, probably tears and tantrums according to the promos.

duckmoon, Apr 1, 5:58am
Only31 minutes to go

goodbooks, Apr 1, 6:55am
and a touch of swearing!

duckmoon, Apr 1, 7:15am
Fifty people and a compact kitchen.

lodgelocum, Apr 1, 7:54am
Did I miss something!I thought Pete and Manu were going to pick their favourite dish of the night as well as the peoples choice! thought the pavlovas looked great, pleased Angela and Melina won;they are quite funny actually.

strebor1, Apr 1, 8:23am
Yes they are very entertaining, the show comes alive with them in it. We saw a lot of cooking tonight, the time went quickly.

mwood, Apr 1, 8:29am
"Angela and Melina won" so far the only ones approaching chef standards

duckmoon, Apr 1, 8:42am
Peoples choice for the winner, Pete and Manu for the bottom

slimgym, Apr 1, 6:43pm
I think the judges have to pop up the scores a bit when the players like Lisa give low scores to help themselves but I didnt think the two asian girls meal was that great

The lady that packed a snot re who was cooking the lamb was very red faced at the end

bedazzledjewels, Apr 1, 7:08pm
I thought the salmon looked really good too.
I wonder if TVNZ are making cuts to the programme! It seemed to be a bit squashed in again last night.

duckmoon, Apr 1, 7:46pm
It made me realize that I liked that top chef drew knives.being told they can't double up on the protein and then Standing in the supermarket saying "well i am not moving, you have to change" only benefits the most aggressive/immovable team