Made a cheesecake but.

ange164, Jan 30, 5:33am
It's a bit rich.
http://video.taste.com.au/2241250092/How-to-make-creamy-lemon-cheesecake
Does someone havea similar recipe that isn't quite as rich!

lilyfield, Jan 30, 6:55am
Uselite cream cheese and replace some of the cream with milk

uli, Jan 30, 6:58am
"RICH"!
What do you mean!

You cannot eat 7 pieces in one sitting - or what!

ange164, Jan 30, 7:04am
Thanks. I'll try that next time.

ange164, Jan 30, 7:07am
Yeah, I can't eat seven pieces of Any cheesecake in one sitting. I mean rich as in a small to moderate serve, was not fully enjoyed more than half way despite the texture and lemon flavour being good.

uli, Jan 30, 7:10am
Well if the lemon flavour and the texture is good - what is the problem!
Be happy that it goes a long way!

ange164, Jan 30, 7:25am
You're right.I think some fresh fruit salad would help smooth the flavor out too.

245sam, Jan 30, 7:42am
ange164, maybe you'd like to try the following recipe.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too.

Hope that helps.:-))

pink-dragon, Jan 30, 10:09pm
This is the recipe I use.with a tad more juice than the recipe - it is devine
Jo Seagar's lemon cheesecake
Serves 8-10
BASE
2 cups sweet biscuit crumbs. 125 gm melted butter.
preheat oven to 180 . make the base by combining crumbs and butter, press into the bottom and sies of a buttered 23 cm spring form tin. bake for 10 mins. cool and chill.

FILLING:
1 pkt lemon jelly crystals, 3/4 cup boiling water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon rind
375 g can evaporated milk, CHILLED -ie put in fridge for 8 + hours
250 g cream cheese, softned, 1 cup castor sugar, 1 tsp van ess, whipped cream to decorate and fresh fruit.

dissolve the jelly crystals in the boiling water, add the lemon juice and rind and set asdie to cool slightly. meanwhile beat the eva milk until think. in another bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and blend in the sugar, vanilla and beaten evap milk.
Fold in the warm jelly mixture.Pour into the prepared base and chill for several hours or over night. decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

clevercloggs, Jan 30, 10:12pm
When I make a cheesecake, I don't use the biscuit crumb base. I make a shortbread dough instead. Bake it off, cool it before adding your mix on top. It's not as sweet and sickly as the biscuit base I find.

valentino, Jan 30, 11:28pm
Try using Sour cream only, no cream cheese!

The filling isvery like, easy to eat.

You can add some cream cheese or Ricotta if you wish to have a slight cheesy taste, Hmmmm, but prefer the sour cream only and using both gelatine and jelly mix method.

Cheers

angel404, Jan 31, 3:44am
I use plain unsweetened yoghurt in my cheesecakes

valentino, Jan 31, 3:59am
Yep, that as well.

Actually the yoghurt is very similar to using sour cream, both come out very light and very nice.

Cheers