Potato salad with cream of chick soup

ceila, Jan 12, 5:01am
I have used the search for this but unable to find the recipe with the cream of chicken soup as the dressing for a potato salad does anyone know the recipe PLEASE

245sam, Jan 12, 5:04am
This one ceila!It's thanks to TM's lorzy2006.

POTATO SALAD
"It's the first salad to go whenever I take it to barbecues and easy to make."

Dressing:
1 x 300ml cream
1 x 37g packet Crème of Chicken Soup Mix

Salad:
5 medium potatoes, cubed and cooked but still firm
3 tomatoes, cubed
5 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
spring onions, chopped
saltandpepper to taste

Gently combine all the salad ingredients together and lastly add the dressing, then chill the salad or alternatively serve the salad warm.

Hope that's the one.:-))

roseann48, Jan 12, 5:08am
Do you heat the soup & cream to combine or just mix together.

245sam, Jan 12, 5:12am
roseann48, I have not used the recipe but my guess would be that the soup and cream would need, at least, to be brought to the boil, then cooled before mixing with the salad ingredients if serving the salad cold.:-))

Edited to add the following from the former Trademe Cooks.

"Cook up your potatoes as normal
In a separate pot add cream and one or two packets of cream of chicken soup mix (the dry stuff). Stir until it thickens. This is really tasty and is yummy hot or cold.
posted by shellbell13".

Hope that helps.:-))

roseann48, Jan 13, 1:44am
x1
Think this would be essential. Almost same recipe I use for potato bake

jessie981, Jan 13, 3:07am
Made my mouth water. Want to make but no cream, will milk work (obviously not as tasty)!
Have got pottle of Sour Cream/. Getting worse, soup is Chicken Noodle.

uli, Jan 13, 3:22am
Noodle soup with potato salad - if you like that mix - give it a go :)

245sam, Jan 13, 3:25am
jessie981, I suggest that you could try using .maybe ½ (150ml) milk to cook the soup with, then stir in the remaining ½ (150ml) as sour cream BUT I'm not sure about using chicken noodle soup - the dressing certainly wouldn't have have the same creamy smoothness using chicken noodle soup as you would if you used cream of chicken soup mix.Do you have any other flavour of cream soup mix!IMO that would be better than chicken noodle soup mix.:-))

jessie981, Jan 13, 3:47am
LOL maybe I can sift the soup/ Going to give it a go using what you suggested 245sam.
Will report back uli, thought you may know.

jessie981, Jan 13, 6:07am
Update, was fine without noodles but dressing wasn't thick. Tasted ok & I added Jalapenos

245sam, Jan 13, 6:54am
jessie981, the dressing was most likely thinner because of the soup variant.Packeted chicken noodle soup mix, even with its noodles, is considerably lighter weight than packeted cream of chicken soup mix - pleased you found it ok anyway and thanks for the update.:-))