Stainless Frypan

melinda1, Jan 13, 4:20am
Got an awesome large frypan for Christmas and have just started uding it but it is proving a real"challenge" to clean after use. Does anybody have any tips for cleaning same! TIA

petal1955, Jan 13, 4:45am
steelo is the best,.soap impregnated

rainrain1, Jan 13, 5:04am
They are awful to clean, I did hear a tip to line the pan with baking paper before using.I don't know how well that would work though

melinda1, Jan 13, 5:13am
Thank you both.Had a non stick before and this cleaning is a bit of a shock!

homecomfitz, Jan 13, 5:14am
Fill with water and add a good sprinkle or dishwasher powder or washing soda.Leave to soak for a while then clean up is easy-as.

bunny51, Jan 13, 7:07am
I have a stainless steel frying pan and also sselectric frying panand I soak it as soon as I have finished using it unitl I am ready to wash.Then it seems toclean really easily. If it is a bit too stuck onI alsouse a steel wool to clean it. (I actually prefer my stainless steel pans to the non stick ones I had previously)

melinda1, Jan 13, 8:03am
Again thank you.Want to try and keep pan looking good!

uli, Jan 13, 8:10am
I have a WMF stainless steel fry pan and use it at least once daily - more often several times. I never have any problems cleaning it.

I "seasoned" it - as you would a wok or cast iron pan.

Cooks and others on here told me I am mad and that you cannot "season" a stainless pan - however I did it anyway and never had anything stick to it ever.

Maybe it is because it is very good quality - or maybe it is because I never scour it.

Good luck with yours.

nik12, Jan 14, 6:54am
I got a new stainless one for christmas too. Used it for poached eggs and they stuck even in the water!! Then I had to get the stello out to clean it.
What on earth did I do wrong, or is that normal!

bunny51, Jan 14, 7:05am
uli wrote:
I have a WMF stainless steel fry pan and use it at least once daily - more often several times. I never have any problems cleaning it.

I "seasoned" it - as you would a wok or cast iron pan.

Cooks and others on here told me I am mad and that you cannot "season" a stainless pan - however I did it anyway and never had anything stick to it ever.

really! One of my stainless steel pans came with instructions on how to season it. So I did this to both of them and redo it whenever things start to stick a bit too much.

wishbone66, Jan 14, 7:49am
I have almost given up on frypans, woks and all that non stick business, right down to the stainless steel too as they all appear to stick.However, having just discovered the non stick aluminum foil to line these pans, it works wonders and no frypan to clean - just wash the foil if you want to re-use it or chuck it out after cooking.

donnabeth, Jan 14, 8:06am
Soak it with hot water and sugar soap. For stubborn stickies you may need to bring it to the boil. Stinks, but works well.

melford, Jan 15, 5:23am
Op try this. After cooking pour in boiling water and add 2 tbsp dishmaster soap powder. Leave 10 minutes. All gunk just slides off and now use a soapy steelo to bring up the shine. Do not use any oil for most cooking, eg bacon, chops etc and then only a wee bit of butter to grease the pan for pancakes, pikelets. The pan should never stick if it is good quality (mine is a zip with a 25 year guarantee) I love it.

uli, Jan 15, 5:34am
really! One of my stainless steel pans came with instructions on how to season it. So I did this to both of them and redo it whenever things start to stick a bit too much.

uli, Jan 15, 5:35am
Yes really bunny!

I am always being picked on here by cooks or ellie - so I am used to it LOL :)

But yeah it works for stainless just as well as for any steel wok.