Yummy Hot Desserts

fee1965, Jan 14, 4:37am
what are your favs!

fee1965, Jan 14, 4:37am
sticky toffee date for sure!

sarahb5, Jan 14, 5:30am
My mum's apple pie and custard - even with her recipe I can't make it the same
My son's chocolate self saucing pudding with ice cream - tastes better because someone's else makes it
Rhubarb and ginger crumble with ginger cream (whipped cream with crystallised ginger folded into it) - just waiting to have enough rhubarb in the garden for this one

rarogal, Jan 14, 8:11am
I have a spicy apple dessert cake that I have made for 40 years and it is still my favourite. Sticky date comes,a close,second!

macandrosie, Jan 14, 8:16am
Mmmm that spicy apple dessert cake sounds good! Care to share your recipe please!

jennyfenny1, Jan 14, 8:21am
Oh is second that request! Spicy apple cake sounds like my kind of thing.

jessie981, Jan 14, 8:26am
Not eaten enough but never beaten, Lemon Meringue Pie

245sam, Jan 14, 8:44am
Rhubarb Custard Crumble, Hasty Tasty Apple Pudding, Sticky Date Pudding, Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding (quickly and easily made in the microwave), Marmalade Steamed Pudding.:-))

holly-rocks, Jan 14, 11:15pm
chocolate walnut brownie with caramel sauce and ice cream.

valentino, Jan 14, 11:23pm
One of my Favourites at this time of year, Freshly made Hot Strawberry Syrup over a very nice Vanilla Ice Cream and Freshly cut Halved Strawberries.

That is slightly over-riped strawberries (cut into halves) stewed in just enough water and sugar and served whilst hot!

LOL but absolutely yummy.

valentino, Jan 14, 11:46pm
Oh,and slightly OT but thinking about the Strwaberries, tried those Rice Sushi Rolls with strawberries in them the other day, very different and interesting but were quite nice, ended up eating a few with a wee drizzle of fresh cream.

bev00, Jan 20, 12:23pm
STICKY DATE PUDDING - EASY
put 1 1/4 C dates, 1 1/4 C boiling water and 1 tsp baking soda in a blender/kitchen wizz.
Put lid on machine and leave to soak 5mins
Add 60gm chopped butter and pulse till butter melted and dates coarsly chopped.
Add 3/4 C firm packed brown sugar
1C S/Raising flour
2 Eggs.
Blend
Pour into a lined 20cm cake tin.
Bake in moderate -180* ish oven - recipe says for 1 hour but I find its done in 30-40mins.
Stand for 5 mins then remove from tin, onto rack.
Serve hot with caramel sauce.
Sauce - 1C brown sugar, 1/2 C cream, 100gm butter.
Combine ingredients in small saucepan, stir over highish heat till butter melted and sugar dissolved, bring to boil, remove from heat and stand for 10mins, serve over pudding. This is really nice with vanilla icecream

Quotedibble35 (594 )12:27 pm, Sat 21 Jan #1

gardie, Jan 20, 5:45pm
Love your recipe bev.I like to pour some of the sauce over the hot cake and pop it under the grill for a few minutes to form the most delicious, caramelly, sticky top.