Perky Nana Cheesecake

martine5, Jan 7, 5:53am
Hi,
Does anyone have a recipe for a perky nana cheesecake, I want to make one for someone who is crazy about them.if I can't find one I'm guessing I will at least partially melt down the perky nanas but if anyone actually has this recipe I would be so grateful.
Thanks in advance
Martine

dibble35, Jan 7, 6:13am
Now that sounds good, my fav choc bar as well. waits hopefully for someone to post recipe

245sam, Jan 7, 6:22am
maartine5, the following recipe is thanks to TM's paghan - it uses pineapple lumps but maybe you could adapt it to use perky nanas.

PINEAPPLE LUMP CHEESECAKE
1 packet malt biscuits
125g butter

Crush the biscuits to the desired consistency and place them in a bowl.Melt the butter and add it to the malt biscuits.Combine - if the biscuits are not damp looking, more melted butter “but not too much or you may need a chainsaw to cut through the base”.Press into the base of a tin, preferably lined with greaseproof paper for ease of removal.Place the tin in the refrigerator whilst preparing the Filling:
2½ tbsp gelatine
¾ cup pineapple juice
1 tub cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 820g can pineapple pieces (optional)
4 tbsp lemon juice
125g thickened cream
18 pineapple lumps, each halved or quartered

Over a low heat dissolve the gelatine in the pineapple juice, then set it aside to cool slightly.
Place the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in another bowl and beat it smooth.
If using pineapple, drain and add it to the cream cheese mixture.Stir, then add 3 tbsp lemon juice and the dissolved gelatine.Stir.Add the thickened cream and gently fold it in.Fill the cake tin with the pineapple mixture and level off the top.The final touch – the pineapple lumps.

Hope that helps.:-))

martine5, Jan 7, 6:33am
Hey 245Sam, it should work perfectly thanks heaps for taking the time to post it for me, I really appreciate it!