Ice Cream Maker recipe that uses cream?

datoofairy, Jan 3, 1:06am
Hi all.I bought an ice cream maker with no book, so I have no idea how to use it or what recipe to use.
We have a 600ml bottle of cream that expires in 2 days and I'm hoping maybe I can use it to make some ice cream! Does anyone have a suitable recipe please!

biggles45, Jan 3, 1:20am
My recipe uses thickened cream, not sure if you could substitute ordinary cream, but since it has to be frozen I guess you could.

Make a custard base with 250 mls thickened cream and 250 mls milk, heat in saucepan until at a simmer stage (don't allow to boil). Beat 4 egg yolks with 0.5 cup of castor sugar, add the heated mix to egg yolks stirring all the time. Put back into saucepan and heat, stir constantly, till it coats the back of spoon (again don't allow it to boil). Chill in fridge for 3 or 4 hours before putting in ice cream maker. Put in maker, and run till ice cream reaches the top of the bowl, or mine turns itself off when it's done. Freeze.

If you want vanilla - add 1 pod and seeds to cream mix before heating it. Remove pod before putting into ice cream maker.

Other flavours we like are 1 tsp peppermint flavour + 1 cup choc chips or 1 tblsp dark rum with 1/3 cup raisins. ETA both flavours are added while ice cream maker is stirring.

uli, Jan 3, 1:23am
100g of sugar beat with 4 egg yolks until white.
beat 4 egg whites until stiff.
Beat 300ml of cream until stiff.

Fold together pour into a container and put into the freezer for 24 hours. No need of an ice cream maker. No mixing, beating - nothing. Just let it freeze and enjoy.

For flavour you can add:
Vanilla essence (easiest) add to the yolks and sugar. Then you can make a hot chocolate sauce to go over the ice cream.

Or anything else you like like cinnamon, coffee, berries etc.

davidt4, Jan 3, 1:51am
600 ml cream, 6 egg yolks, 125g caster sugar, flavourings such as vanilla seeds, melted dark chocolate, strawberry purée, lemon zest.Heat cream to nearly boiling, whisk egg yolks and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.Gradually stir cream into egg mixture, return to pan and stir over very low heat until it thickens slightly.Add flavouring, chill completely, pour into ice cream machine, turn it on and leave until frozen.

datoofairy, Jan 3, 2:59am
Thanks heaps all.
Davidt4, I have just made your recipe since it would use all my cream, seems simple and made use of the ice cream maker.Its been driving Miss 12 nuts having one and not using it :o)
The mixture is in the freezer cooling down now.My cream was actually only 500mls, so I used 5 eggs and a pinch over 100g sugar instead. I've added some white chocolate buttons and certainly the mixture tastes like white chocolate.When its cooled completely I will put it in the maker.Hope it turns out ok :o)

datoofairy, Jan 3, 3:18am
How long do I leave the ice cream maker going for!The metal bowl has been in the freezer for days so it was very cold when I poured the cold mixture in. Will the maker stop on its own! Am I looking at half an hour! An hour! 6 hours! Its very noisy.

iriegirl, Jan 3, 4:22am
datoofairy, mine has a default setting of 20 minutes, you could check it at that stage but if your bowl is nice and cold it could be enough. Depending on your maker, you may still want to feeze your ice cream for longer in the freezer, but if your like yourice cream softer you can eat it straight away! I do with both sorbet and frozen yoghurt, but freeze ice cream for at least another 6 hours, hope that helps :o)

datoofairy, Jan 3, 4:41am
Thanks iriegirl.The bowl had been in the freezer for days, over a week actually as it was cold as it was ever going to get.I left it going for about an hour and the mixture was only firm around the edges and still quite runny in the center so I poured it into containers and its in the freezer.It does taste great though. Quite rich as I didnt know how many chocolate buttons to put in but its definitely white chocolate flavoured and very yummy.

guest, Apr 1, 11:28am
that, allow me tell you just what exactly did work. Your auotnrihg is pretty powerful and that is possibly the reason why I am making an effort to opine. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, even though I can notice the leaps in logic you come up with, I am not necessarily sure of how you appear to unite your points which in turn help to make your final result. For right now I shall yield to your position however hope in the near future you connect your dots better.

guest, Jan 11, 2:56pm
Created the greatest arteslic, you have.

guest, Jan 13, 5:41pm
Mine is not a Mr. Coffee , but it is along the same style.I use bleach to run thorguh the cycle like I was making a pot of coffee. This really cleans it good. Rinse well with fresh water and let it run a cycle using plain water afterwards. +++Spock+++

guest, Jan 14, 11:13am
Blogoo tsaash ni iluu goyo boogovll goyo blog sh d.Nad shig comment uldeedeggui mortloo ymar sonirholtoi shine medee orson bn geel orj irj sonirhdog humuus zondoo bga bx....tegeheer uldeegeed bailgasan ni deer shuu