Storing Feta?

terachaos, Jan 2, 7:37pm
I have a large block of feta and wondered what is the best way of storing it for future use! Heard somewhere that it can be kept in a container with cod water, but thought I'd better check first. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

rainrain1, Jan 2, 8:38pm
I freeze what I don't need

davidt4, Jan 2, 9:59pm
It freezes well.Cut it into useful pieces first.I certainly wouldn't use cod water, or even cold water.

terachaos, Jan 2, 10:10pm
would be a bit fishy I guess.

anne1955, Jan 2, 10:17pm
I always put mine into oilive oil and often add any flavoring I want to it's also cheaper than buying the jars of it marinated.You can use with it what ever you like.and keeps for months and months in the fridge. Hope that helps.

terachaos, Jan 2, 10:39pm
I like that idea! Thanks

anne1955, Jan 2, 10:51pm
I make my own sundried tomatoes as well and they lst for years in the fridge. I buy 'sun valley semi dried' ones in pkts Pak-n-slave have them about 3.00 a bag.and put them into a sealable container.with 50% good olive oil and good balsamic vinegar.You can use the mix for salad dressing has lovely flavor I use it even if I am not using the tom's from the container just nick a bit of juice out. the oil does semi set but comes clear/good again at room temp.I also scrape this off back into container if not needing oil mix when using the tom's It yummy and cheap.I live on a hand too mouth budget but have millions of tricks to eat like a rich person :)

terachaos, Jan 3, 3:14am
Publish.

nauru, Jan 3, 5:37am
I like your sun dried tom idea and will definitly give that a go as store bought are so expensive.Would you be willing to share some of your other tricks with us all, some of us are always looking for budget ideas.