Courgette and Feta Fritters OMG!

mazzy1, Jan 24, 12:53am
...courtesy of SST on the weekend... a great way to use up those courgettes going rampant in the garden at the moment! 4 courgettes, grated, 3/4 cup feta, 1 T marjoram (I used fresh Thyme from my garden instead), 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used packet ones), 2 eggs, 1 small onion, thinly sliced. Squeeze extra moisture from courgettes (I used a Chux cloth). Combine with feta, herbs, breadcrumbs, eggs and half the onion. Cook in a pan with olive oil for 2-3 minutes either side. You can then add a tomato, mint and onion salad, but I just made a raita with yoghurt and freshly chopped mint. I served it with Moroccan Chicken breast and roasted baby tomatoes. My husband wanted to marry me all over again! (I would say 'yes' every time!)

timetable, Jan 24, 1:02am
yum - thanks mazzy that one is a keeper!!!!!

mazzy1, Jan 24, 1:24am
It's kind of simple, but oh, so delicious!! And the bonus is that I managed to deal to 2 courgettes that looked as though they were turning into zeppelins out there!

holly-rocks, Jan 24, 2:10am
mazzy1 :) That sounds yum! Might try it tonight ( have heaps of courgettes / zucchinis in the glasshouse ) so thanks for the recipe :)

timetable, Jan 24, 2:13am
lol it has been that sort of season me thinks for the old marrow varieties....

mazzy1, Jan 24, 2:36am
Go for it! If you enjoy it half as much as we did you will like it twice as much :-) um - I think I just confused myself.....

mazzy1, Jan 24, 2:39am
Yep - it's a challenge trying to stay on top of all those veges. I'm having a ball with our vege garden this year, and my current love affair is with beetroot - (apart from the effect is has on various aspects of your digestion):-)

charsmum, Jan 24, 5:51am
I added a little fine sliced silverbeet as well,with a small amount of bacon.Very nice my husband thought they were sweet corn.. Not to sure about that,he does not look very well..

mazzy1, Feb 26, 12:55am
Oh dear -- I hope you know CPR.....My husband has ordered them again tomorrow!