White Chocolate Ganache

dege79, Jan 1, 9:59pm
I need a fail proof recipe for White Ganache.
Does anyone have the quantities!

firemansgirl, Jan 1, 10:16pm

dege79, Jan 1, 10:19pm
Great thanks will try that one

kiwiscrapper1, Jan 2, 7:11am
I just use equal quanties of milk and chocolate, i.e 150gms chocolate 150mls cream, heat the cream pour over chocolate and keep stiring until its dissolved, cool down so it becomes a little thicker and use on whatever you like.

auntlb, Jan 2, 8:33am
Firemans girl - did your ganache stay cream coloured or does it go yellow!I am making white choc ganache for a family member's wedding cake in a few weeks and have heard it can go quite yellow in colour - depending on what chocolate you use!

sclaredy_cat, Jan 2, 7:14pm
depending on how much you need, you could think about using Bakels while truffle, http://nzl.bakels.com/product/!show=page&id=334. I use it whenever I would use a big quantity of white chocolate ganache. I buy it by the 6kg bucket, which is about $60 from memory, and it keeps really well. Tastes like milky bar, it's amazing. Here is an example so you can see it in action! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php!fbid=428049840578265&set=a.426963607353555.91492.426839600699289&type=3&theater

auntlb, Jan 3, 3:43am
Thx Sclaredy_cat I was unaware of this product!Does it pipe well too!Only need basic 'dots' of icing at base of each cake (couple didn't want anything else)

sclaredy_cat, Jan 3, 7:48am
Yes it pipes well but hardens fairly quickly, hence the stucco effect being quite useful! Just means you have to do small quantities. Personally, if its just dotson top of another type of icing i would consider royal icing or buttercream instead.

auntlb, Jan 3, 5:48pm
Thx :-)

firemansgirl, Jan 5, 7:57am
Sorry for the late reply - it was slightly yellow, as opposed to staying 'white', but more cream coloured than yellow if that makes sense at all! Buying ganache by the bucket is a great idea though :-)

auntlb, Jan 5, 8:47am
Thx :-) When I made some ganache a while ago I was surprised at how yellow the mix went (it became more creamy coloured when I beat it though) Hopefully I will hear about the ready made mix - it sounds lovely and much easier than making bucket loads of ganache!