Beetroot salad

anna70k, Dec 18, 7:20pm
Has anyone got any recipes for raw beetroot salad!
So far i have just used a peeled then grated beetroot, a splash of balsamic vineger, and a handfull of currants, but would like some other ideas if poss.

jessie981, Dec 18, 7:47pm
anna there are recipes over in left hand message board. Under keyword put beetroot salad, under date posted put last year.
Bumped up a thread.

anna70k, Dec 18, 9:27pm
Thanks Jesse. (I had done a bit of a search, but only for the last month.) so thanks so much for bumping the other thread.great recipes:)

iman007, Dec 19, 12:56am
my beetroot salad is just diced up bottled beetroot i preserve, and add sliced red onion and some of the juice from beetroot jar, always goes quick at bbqs, one of my faves,
jmho

archieb, Dec 19, 6:42am
Raw grated beetroot is yummy with pieces of orange and sesame seeds

jasparty, Dec 19, 10:59am
Add strawberries to it, and balsamic vinegar. Sounds awful but is a taste sensation combination.

carlosjackal, Dec 19, 11:17am
Beetroot, Pear and Feta Salad with Orange Balsamic Reduction

Ingredients:
Beetroot - 3 medium (reserve the beetroot leaves)
Pear - 1 ripe - firm variety
Feta Cheese crumbled - 1/2 cup (about 100 gm)
Walnuts - 1/2 cup (toasted and lightly rubbed to remove the peel)

Coriander leaves - 2-3 tbsp - optional

Dressing:
Orange juice - 4 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 2tbsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Grated giner - 1/2 tsp
Grated garlic - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Freshly crushed black pepper - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste

1. Put the beets into a roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil, balsamicvinegar and some soft brown sugar until beets are cooked through.

2. Meanwhile, heat the balsamic vinegar and orange juice together on a medium heat till it reduces to half (about 4-5 minutes), stirring occasionally.

3. Whisk in all the other ingredients of the dressing along with the orange juice reduction and keep aside to allow the flavours to meld.

4. Cut baby beets in half (or larger beets into bite size pieces). Place in a bowl and toss with the dressing.

5.Cut the pears into very thin slices and place in a separate bowl to the beets – to avoid any staining from the beetroot. Add the crumbled feta cheese, toasted walnuts, reserved beetroot leaves and coriander.

When ready to serve, plate the salad or gently combine all salad ingredients together.