cake mixes

seniorbones, Apr 23, 10:49am
my has packed a sad and I want a 'good' one, any recommendations, I was looking at a kenwood but not sure what model to get. cookessentials do you sell them or have an idea what a good price for them is. TIA

245sam, Apr 23, 1:15pm
seniorbones, I have and definitely recommend a Kenwood but mine's not a nice new modern one so I can't help you re which of the available models but I do have a suggestion re this thread - just in case you don't get the responses that you're hoping for it may be a good idea to start another thread with the heading 'cake mixeRs". When I first saw the title of this thread I thought 'packet cake mixes' so was surprised to read of your need for a new cake mixer - no offence intended re your spelling but sometimes first impressions/glances can be misleading.

I hope you find a mixer that you'll enjoy and be happy to call your faithful kitchen helper - good luck. :-))

bunny51, Apr 23, 8:55pm
i have a kenwood chef (a new one with a stainless steel bowl, don't know the model number though) and it is great, , i used to have a very old one which was also good,

cookessentials, Apr 23, 8:59pm
Kitchenaid... American, all metal construction, gear driven, not belt driven like Kenwood. Have been around for ninety years hand assembled in the USA. Beat to 67 pointas of the bowl compared to about 15 with the Kenwood.

tiogapass, Apr 23, 9:52pm
I have a kitchen aid and I love it. Also have some of the attachments... the ice cream maker is fantastic and the mincer is very good.

fruitluva2, Apr 23, 10:01pm
Kenwood has a great reputation and last longer than most models. Post 4 sounds great.

cookessentials, Apr 23, 10:13pm
should have read points of the bowl.

seniorbones, Apr 24, 12:17pm
thats ok... my title should have read mixers sometimes I type too fast and miss out letters! ! had a look at your web site pam will have to keep saving they look great so you sell the attachments too.

seniorbones, Apr 24, 12:18pm
oh and speaking of cake mixes, my daughter made the most moist delicous mud cake for her dads birthday and when I asked for the recipe she said it was a mix! ! recommended by a cake decorator. keep forgetting to ask what brand it was.

alebix, Apr 24, 1:02pm
I have a kenwood one... forget the name, its quite ugly though at it has a flat top because you can add attachments to it...

BUT I have overlooked the ugliness as it has a 600watt motor and some only have 400watt.
Those lovely looking fancy ones are only 400watt. .

scorpio, Apr 24, 1:36pm
blah blah blah