HELP - salmon has been in fridge for 6 days.

helen490, Dec 8, 6:04am
Will it kill me! Want to eat it for dinner

oldy1001, Dec 8, 6:16am
I wouldnt risk it was always told no more than 3 days in the fridge.

carriebradshaw, Dec 8, 6:19am
I wouldn't be eating it.

mwood, Dec 8, 6:20am
unless it is obviously off then cook it first no problem

kuaka, Dec 8, 7:01am
Was this fresh salmon or tinned or vacuum packed!

gardie, Dec 8, 4:51pm
Definitely thrown out in our house.

uli, Dec 8, 8:56pm
Is it raw salmon!
Or is it home cooked salmon!
Or is it hot smoked salmon!
Is it vacuum packed or just in a plastic bag!
How cold is your fridge!
How long was it outside (in hot car on the way home - or if home cooked how long was it sitting on the table and bench etc) before you put it into the fridge!

pickles7, Dec 9, 12:45am
helen490
Must be ill.uli.

uli, Dec 9, 5:17am
Well . it seems that poster #1 has no idea how to ask a question that CAN be answered - or maybe he/she doesn't really want to know how to keep food safe .

I am not worried either way LOL . I never had food poisoning ever in my life . but am happy to answer the questions.

However ".salmon has been in fridge for 6 days." is a bit too broad to be answered really .

mselaineous, Dec 9, 5:52am
I say if it has no smell and you cook it , you may be ok! Try some on a cat. They won't eat anything bad.

thornton1961, Dec 9, 5:55am
any fish should pass the smell test. youll know if its off !.I keep fresh caught fish in the fridge for up to 6-7 days, . just make sure its cooked through, no rare or sushi.

pickles7, Dec 9, 6:18am
My cat won't eat salmon even when it is fresh.He was handy when we picked mussels up from a beach after a storm, if he turned his nose up we would not eat them.

uli, Dec 10, 4:02am
Looks like helen490 is either no more interested in her thread or busy vomiting .

pickles7, Dec 10, 5:34am
I cannot remember the last time we had upset tummies in our house.

dons14, Dec 11, 4:48am
Lol pickles7. Id like to know if they ate it and if so what happened. I recon you could be right with the vomiting tho.