Annabels chicken and leek gratin

cats5, Nov 20, 12:43am
Tried this last nightit is awesome

supercook, Nov 20, 12:54am
That looked so yummy on the show, will have to put that on the list to make.

ttwisty, Nov 20, 3:45am
would love the recipe thanks

245sam, Nov 20, 4:10am
Here you are ttwisty.
CHICKEN AND LEEK GRATIN
A useful dish to make in advance and keep in the fridge until you're ready to pop it in the oven.

3 tbsp butter
4 leeks, thinly sliced
saltandground black pepper
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme leaves
½ tsp salt
½ cup creamorchicken stock
1 recipe Provencal Crust

Heat butter in a heavy pan, add leeks and season with salt and pepper.Cook over low heat, stirring now and then, until softened and no longer bright green (about 15 minutes).
While the leeks are cooking, place chicken in a bowl with mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, thyme and salt, and stir to combine.Allow to sit for 10 minutes while the leeks cook.
Remove cooked leeks from heat and mix in cream or chicken stock.Spread evenly in the base of a large, shallow baking dish.Arrange chicken thighs on top then cover with Provencal Crust.
The gratin can be prepared in advance to this stage and chilled for several hours until needed.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180°C.
Bake until chicken is fully cooked through and crumbs are golden (about 1 hour).
Serves 6.

PROVENCAL CRUST
½ loaf day-old rustic bread
4 garlic cloves
2 handfuls parsley leaves
1 tsp coarsely chopped rosemary leaves
3 anchovies
60g butter, softened but not melted
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
½ cup coarsely grated parmesan

Break bread into rough chunks, removing crusts if they are very hard, and pulse in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.Measure out 2 heaped cups and freeze any remaining crumbs for future use.
Place garlic, parsley, rosemary, anchovies, butter and lemon zest in a food processor and whiz to chop finely.Add breadcrumbs and parmesan and pulse to just combine.
Provencal Crustwill keep in a container in the fridge for up to a week or can be frozen.
Makes 2½ cups.:-))

kay141, Nov 21, 1:43am
I will give this a go in the winter when leeks are in season. All the ones for sale now have gone to seed.

cats5, Nov 21, 7:59pm
I had mine fresh out of my garden

kay141, Nov 21, 8:23pm
Mine got eaten before they went to seed. Too hot for them now.