Annabels Langbeins Pea and Ham Soup

willman, Nov 18, 1:39am
Did anyone manage to write down the recipe,from last night.If anyone would like to share.I would like to have and someone may as well.Many thanks.

hallett76, Nov 18, 2:11am
I hear Annabels latest cookbook is "art nar" at all good bookstores.

chrissie34, Nov 18, 2:36am
she just boiled a bacon hock until soft.keep water.
separate pot boiled dried peas until soft and mushy, then added to the pot hock was boiled in.chopped up hock and returned to pot.you will probably not need salt as the bacon hock is salty.

gardie, Nov 18, 2:36am
PMSL!Can't for the life of me think why one would not simply boil the ham bones with the peas all in one pot.A few peas on the chopping board when you remove the meat from the bones is a small price to pay for the wonderful flavour.

My recipe:Dice a couple of onions and add it to a big pot with the bone(s) and split green peas.Bring it to the boil them simmer until the meat falls from the bones.Remove bones, take meat off, chop it up then pop it back into the pot.

holly-rocks, Nov 18, 3:42am
Theres only 3 ingredients, the above 2 and some bay leaves added into the water with the ham hock.

harrislucinda, Nov 18, 4:18am
got thatnewbookformybirthdaysohaveitbuythecomputerasa lotasking for therecipes
peaandhamsoup
1largesmokedhamorbaconhock
2bayleaves3 cupsdriedsplitpeas
season
puthameorbaconinlargepotwith14 cupswaterboilslowfor2hrswhilemeatcooksin anotherpotwith6cupswatersimmerpeaswhenmeatcookdiceoffthebonereturnmeattopeasmixtureaddseasonandsimmerabout40 minservewithcroutonswillkeepinfridgefor5days

willman, Nov 18, 5:15am
Thanks harrislucinda,aprreciate you writing it up,for me and anyone else,that would like the recipe.