beef schnitzel cut

st_allie, Apr 21, 5:36am
I have defrosted some and was thinking about making the usual crumbed schnitzel. . but I'm not keen on that now.

am thinking maybe a black bean beef in a gravy on rice or something. . or something in a tomato based sauce? I'll put a baked potato on the side anyway and a salad. . ( this isn't masterchef 2010. . )

hehehe

I just want to make something different with it. .

any suggestions?

alebix, Apr 21, 5:39am
I slice up my schnitzel then fry it in garlic oil.

I then make up a packet of rice risotto, throw in some vege, soy, tomato, BBQ, welll any sauce that suits... then add back in the beef, stir together...

My kids eat it. .

uli, Apr 21, 5:41am
Lie flat and spread mustard on, then chopped onion and chopped bacon, roll up, secure, and fry on all sides in hot oil - then add some red wine and herbs and stew until tender.

alebix, Apr 21, 5:41am
Or make beef olives...
make up some stuffing out of breadcrumbs, water(to dampen) and mixed herbs etc...

Cut your schnitzel so its a rectangle... dont make it too short...
Then add a bit of stuffing and roll it up. . you can add this to corckpot or stew it or fry it... yummy with gravy.

uli, Apr 21, 5:42am
Or stuff with cheese and ham, fold in half, secure, crumb or dip in egg and fry.

alebix, Apr 21, 5:42am
Cordon bleus

Lay a piece of ham and cheese on one side of the meat, then fold the other half over, seal with a toothpick, crumb and fry... remove toothpicks. .

alebix, Apr 21, 5:43am
lol uli, great minds think alike

lythande1, Apr 21, 5:49am
No. Stuff it with a mix of sauted onion and mushroom. Then roll up and place in a baking dish with a tomato sauce and some herbs etc, sprinkle with cheese and melt at the end.

alebix, Apr 21, 5:50am
Thatsa how we made it at the supermarket. I know of no other way.

st_allie, Apr 21, 5:59am
thankyou!

I'll let you know how i get on :)

st_allie, Apr 21, 8:45pm
I went with this option in the end. . and I sauteed some courgettes to put over the top with cheese. . the teenagers wolfed it. .

made a nice change :0)

unknowndisorder, Apr 21, 9:27pm
x1
I got this recipe from someone here, and now am no longer allowed to make plain crumbed schnitzel.
The only thing I don't do is "secure" it. I just carefully egg & crumb it.

uli, Apr 21, 9:56pm
Old European recipe LOL :)
I use just a toothpick along the side, but yes - if careful that is not needed.

antoniab, Apr 21, 11:10pm
YUM Im going to try that tonight!

uli, Apr 21, 11:44pm
Let us know how you get on.

Currently I have lots of fresh rosemary in the garden that needs cutting back, so have put some sprigs in with the rolled-up's - absolutely lovely :)

crystalmoon, Apr 21, 11:56pm
yumm have been thinking of beef olives for a few weeks, think I'll make some tomorrow night for dinner. Mmmmmmmm... . . think I'll do a bread stuffing with onion, herb, butter and bacon and put a slice of cheese in too.

crystalmoon, Apr 23, 1:14am
made up a batch with saute, onion, mushroon, bacon, spread whole grain mustard on meat, top with onion mix, 1/2 cheese kransky, slice cheese. Rolled up and toothpicked as they were a bit full. Browned in pan, placed in oven dish and covered with pasta sauce and sachet mediteranian meatball mix, waiting to cook off tonight for dinner. Will serve with lashing of mash potato, and pea's Yummmmmmm... ... .
will bake at 180 for 1 1/2 hours and sprinkle some cheese over top for last 30 mins. Hope they turn out ok. Especially as I talked hubby out of his favourite crumbed schitzel lolz. Doing ginger and pear micro steam pudding to top it off. With cream of course.

st_allie, Apr 23, 1:40am
yumm. . sounds good. . you can leave my share of the dessert in my mailbox. .

fxtnchick, Apr 24, 6:11am
or... . . cut into slices marinate over night with masterfoods soya honey and garlic marinate... . cook meat in frypan add stir fry vege at the same time cook a beef rice rissotto as per instructions once meat and vege and rice are cooked mix together and serve very easy and my kids love it. . if its to dry i usally add a roast meat gravy mix to it. can also do the same with chicken just use a chicken rice rissotto instead and a chicken gravy

mary, Nov 15, 9:12pm
yum i'm going to try the cheese and ham ones tonight.