Anyone have a delicious Apple/Fruit Crumble recipe

sneeze04, Oct 27, 11:21pm
Hey all.Looking for a yummy crumble recipie- one with a really good crumble topping :) Anyone able to help me out! Thanks

sarahb5, Oct 27, 11:58pm
Crumble topping is pretty standard - just sugar, flour and butter but you can add oats or coconut or even muesli

http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Recipe/388!name=apple-crumble

I actually prefer apple charlotte which is breadcrumbs, sugar and lemon rind in layers with melted butter poured over the top

shellz213, Oct 28, 12:04am
Mmm that apple charlotte sounds yum . could I please have your recipe for that!Heading off to the supermarket soon.Might buy a bag of Granny Smiths to stew up to make.

sooseque, Oct 28, 12:43am
Apple Cinnamon Crumble
3 - 4 apples (I use Granny Smith)
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
75 g very cold butter
If you have a food processor grate the cored but unpeeled apples using the shredding disc, place them in a greased ovenware dish 20 - 23 cm across. Without washing the processor bowl measure the remaining ingredients into the bowl cutting the butter into about nine cubes. Process with the metal chopping blade until the butter is chopped evenly into the other ingredients, don't over process or mixture will start to stick together.
Spread crumble mixture over fruit, bake 190 C 45 min or until topping is firm and brown.

pamellie, Oct 28, 12:49am
This is my favourite, just all apple instead of rhubarb.

Caramel Crusted Rhubarb Pudding

¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup white sugar
100g melted butter
Stewed rhubarb (and or apple)
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon custard powder or cornflour
¼ cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 180c.
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
Add rolled oats and white sugar.
Mix in melted butter to make a crumble mixture.
Sprinkle over rhubarb.
In the discarded bowl, combine brown sugar and custard powder.
Spoon over crumble mix.
Carefully pour over the boiling water.
Do not stir.
Oven bake for 30 minutes.

sarahb5, Oct 28, 2:51am
Apple Charlotte (it's my mum's recipe)

500g of apples, peeled, cored and sliced
100g fresh white breadcrumbs
100g caster sugar
Grated rind of a medium lemon
75g melted butter

Preheat oven to 190.Mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar and lemon rind.Put half the apple in the bottom of an oven proof dish.Sprinkle over half the breadcrumb mixture and drizzle half the melted butter over the top.Add another layer of apple and repeat the breadcrumb layer.Bake for 45 - 60 mins until golden brown.

Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.

taurushat, Oct 28, 3:07am
This is my favourtie.I find melting the butter for the crumble topping makes it nice and crunchy.
6 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped in chunks
1-2 cups frozen berry mix
3 cloves
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) water
Crumble Topping
1 cup (115g) plain flour
1 cup (85g) coconut
1 cup (120g) quick cooking oats
1 cup (140g) brown sugar
125g butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 2 litre casserole dish. Place apples, sugar, cloves and water in a large saucepan. Cook on a high heat for no more than 10 minutes. Put all the crumble ingredients in a bowl and stir through with a wooden spoon until just combined. .Strain the apples and remove the 3 cloves and discard. Pour apples into the casserole dish. Pour crumble mix over the apples and spread evenly across the top with the back of a spoon. .Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly golden on top. Serve while still hot

wildflower, Oct 28, 3:18am
I usually just do rolled oats, chopped almonds, brown sugar and melted butter.

Allyson Gofton has a nice one too that uses crumbed gingernuts, coconut, rolled oats, flour, butter and brown sugar.HB gingernuts are good, not too hard for crumbing and taste nice.

shellz213, Oct 28, 4:04am
Thanks Sarah, love the twist on the apple crumble.Have written it down and will definitely give it a go :(

bridget107, Oct 28, 10:24pm

sarahb5, Oct 28, 10:29pm
Made it yesterday for dinner here, in fact I made a near double-sized one, and there's none left today - it's just a bit lighter than apple crumble and a lot quicker to make too!