Paua Relish

maggimae, Oct 23, 4:27am
x1
Kiaora.does anyone have a recipe for Paua Relish.would love it if someone would like to share.thx

rainrain1, Oct 23, 6:08am
Kiaora to you maggiemae.somewhere in the back of mind I think I have a recipe for paua relish, but i wouldn't know where to begin to look.I hope you find one

maggimae, Oct 23, 6:18am
Kapai rainrain1.if it comes to the front of ur mind lol i wud love it .i do hope someone replies with one.

iman007, Oct 23, 6:37am
x1
sounds disgusting! now, paua patties, thats good!

maggimae, Oct 23, 6:46am
paua fritters, creamed paua all gd iman007.anything with paua eh.trying to get this recipe for an old friend of mine.he lives out the coast n had paua relish many years ago so wanted to try n make his own.

mustu, Oct 23, 6:55am
x1
I made paua fritters for my husband last summer - and gagged on every spoonful I put into the pan! He loved them! Just reading the title of this thread made me feel slightly green. There's still several parcels of paua in our freezer but I know my stomach would never cope with making relish! But those who love them - love them.so good luck with getting the recipe. I just wish you lived closer so I could give you all that black stuff in my freezer! LOL

maggimae, Oct 23, 7:00am
O mustu i wish i was closer as well n i wud b knocking on ur door lol.was up in the bay last week so i cudve called in then if i had known lol.its a bit like kinas.u either like or u dont.i am sure ur hubby wud love u to cook him some more.

mustu, Oct 23, 7:16am
He has been firmly told that he cooks his own from now on! Bad enough that I have to look at them in the freezer! LOL

mwood, Oct 23, 11:22pm
x1
perhaps Paua Chutney may ring a few more memory bells. More here :
http://www.tokufoodsnz.com/abalone.cfm

moetus, Oct 24, 4:05am
x1
Hi, Ae I would like to know how to make paua relish as well pls.maureen

rainrain1, Oct 24, 4:39am
There are a dozens of paua recipes here
http://www.nzafa.org.nz/recipes/

mwood, Oct 24, 4:46am
Checked all those but no Paua Relish or Chutney recipes

rainrain1, Oct 24, 4:56am
I know, what a blow for the paua relish lovers here in Paradise, I am wondering if you could adapt a mixed pickle relish and make your own.You'd have to know what you were doing when dealing with seafood though eh!
Is the recipe you want bottled relish, or made and eaten straight away!

vinee, Oct 24, 5:10am
Sounds intriguing!
I'd never heard of it or any kind of seafood/meat chutney or relish type thing.
I bet it's yum. I'm imagining something like smooshed up rollmops!

rainrain1, Oct 24, 5:12am
I need to ring up a few lovely Aunties :-)

maggimae, Oct 30, 4:59am
x1
Hi to all u lovelies.thanks for all ur comments.i have spent hrs browsing recipe sites to no avail.found an old maori recipe book and it has a recipe for "Pickled Paua". so if anyone wants it i will post up lata.many thx for those that looked for me also.

buzzy110, Oct 30, 5:07am
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for! It isn't a recipe but someone is selling it!

http://www.tokufoodsnz.com/fooditem.cfm!ProdID=32&category=0

maggimae, Oct 30, 5:12am
hi buzzy110.it probably is but my friend wo wants the recipe said that he had it many yrs ago when one of our Nannies made it out in the shearing sheds.he lives out the coast n wants to try n find a recipe very similar to the one he tasted.will give him the pickled paua one n c if thats close to taste.thx very much n i will put him onto this site.

buzzy110, Oct 30, 5:14am
Hundreds of paua/abalone recipes here:

http://www.nzafa.org.nz/recipes/#R

maggimae, Oct 30, 6:04am
Kewl thx buzzy110.will go and have a look now.many thx

soundsie1, Oct 30, 6:17am
will be the pickled paua for sure.have couple of kuias who make it here

maggimae, Oct 30, 6:30am
x2
Pickled Paua Recipe.
2 cups minced paua, 1 1/2 cups vinegar, 1/2 cup golden syrup, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tblsp curry pwder, 2 tblsp mustard.
Boil the paua in the vinegar for 15-20 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Boil for a further 10 minutes, bottle and seal.

maggimae, Oct 30, 6:33am
moetus i hope this is what u r wanting.try n let me know eh.xxx
soundsie1.kia ora.korero with ur kuias n c if this is the same as theirs plz.
must thaw my pauas out n try this pickle.
thx everyone for ur input.