Hard to clean ovens.why oh why

sam284, Oct 20, 4:43am
What is the point of making an oven whereby the top element cannot be moved for cleaning, talk about annoying!

gerry64, Oct 20, 8:20am
I bought one of those silicone sheets for the bottom of the oven - just goes in the dish washer - know that doesnt help with the top element but it does make part of the job easier

buzzy110, Oct 20, 10:24am
Have you checked whether it can be removed. Usually the rigid elements like that just pull out. Or to put it another way, they just plug in.

sam284, Oct 21, 7:19am
I emailed the company buzzy and they replied with "no the element cannot be moved", grrrrr!

vintagekitty, Oct 21, 7:39am
$50 to pay someone to clean it for you!.

punkinthefirst, Oct 21, 8:36pm
Haha.they're designed by people who have never had to clean anything in their lives.as are taps, fridges, and many other household appliances!
Best oven (to clean) I ever came across was one where you could remove the whole oven lining. It was brilliant! We used to remove it and clean it with serious cleaners and boiling water at the farm dairy by soaking it in the solution used to clean the plant.

buzzy110, Oct 22, 4:43am
Too bad. However, the element must be removable or you will not be able to replace it if something goes wrong. We recently cleaned our rental oven and my DH was complaining about not being able to move the top element till I presented him with the appropriate screwdriver. He looked at it till the penny dropped and promptly unscrewed it, along with everything else in the oven, including the fan and fan housing.

He just needed me to point him in the right direction. Lol.

eljayv, Oct 22, 8:57pm
That sounds cheapI was quoted $95