Flavorwave ovens

nauru, Aug 17, 11:02am
Has anyone bought one of these ovens? They look very similar to the Nuwave but at a cheaper price? Any feedback would be appreciated, how you find it etc.

nauru, Sep 17, 8:51am
bump, can anyone give any feedback on these ovens please?

andrew499, Sep 18, 7:09am
Hi there.
i know very little about these ovens.however, i was at some friends' place fairly recently and they purchased a Flavorwave.We cooked some frozen rissoles in it and the results were very good.from memory, they took about 20 minutes from frozen cookd at about 220 C.i use an Easycook all the time, and while the Flavorwave is definitely quicker for frozen foods, i'm not altogether sure the appliance is as well made as an easycook.just my opinion of course, and i may be totally wrong.

nauru, Sep 18, 7:35am
Thanks for that.I too had an easycook, it died after 10+ years use, so looking to replace it.Thought maybe upgrade to one of the newer infrared ones but they are very expensive so just wondering what the cheaper one was like.

andrew499, Sep 18, 7:46am
hi.Out of interest, what happened to your Easycook?i ask because my one is almost 10 years old too and I'm wondering how much longer i'll get out of it.the motor in my one is definitely getting a bit rattly till it warms up now.

nauru, Sep 18, 8:53am
Hi Andrew, Mine became a bit noisy too but worked fine. The fan works, just won't heat anymore, it was working fine one day and not the next.I guess that the heating element has gone.It's almost as expensive to get fixed or replace the top unit as buy a new oven.Considering it's age I don't think its worth getting repaired.

andrew499, Sep 18, 10:54am
Hi Nauru.
Unfortuantely, you're probably right there too.i expect I'll have to make that decision in a while too.PS, i hope i've spelt your name correctly, if not then i'm sorry.i'm blind and am using a screen reader which talks to me instead of my using a monitor.
Cheers

nauru, Apr 11, 3:10am
Hi Andrew
You did spell my name correctly. I've read all the reviews for the flavorwave, most of which were not good. Decided to maybe go for the more expensive brand but found the reviews for that one as bad.I have now decided to go for another Easycook as the last one was good, 10 years is not bad for an appliance that is used most days. Just thought I would let you know about the bad reviews.