Tupperware Jel mould club sandwiches

kiwitrish, Sep 26, 10:00pm
Help please, I have to make club sandwiches in 6 tupperware jel moulds.My normal version is cheese,ham,lettuce and egg.What other variations can I make to give a variety of sandwiches.Any ideas much appreciated.

sarahb5, Sep 26, 10:04pm
Limited only by your imagination really - chicken, shaved beef, salami, tuna, smoked salmon, asparagus, avocado, tomato - I think it needs something a little damp to hold it all together but grated cucumber, mayonnaise, relish or cream cheese would help with that.

marlin9, Sep 26, 10:46pm
Now this is taking me back.But can not remember how it was done - can you put up the 'recipe' please

kiwitrish, Sep 26, 10:56pm
I was going to change the meat but was thinking about varying the cheese and egg with something else.If i can remember the reason I didn't put tomato in was because it went all mushy with the bread.

dolphinlu, Sep 26, 11:14pm
tomato between 2 leaves of lettuce stops it going mushy. U can add chesse and onion or pineapple, grated carrot and radishes.You can also toast these in your oven. Go online to the tupperware website and they have the recipes there.Does it have to be a sandwich cos I have made cream sponges with fruit in it!

kiwitrish, Sep 26, 11:15pm
1 loaf of sandwich bread (I use a couple of slices more) buttered with the crusts cut off.
Hard boiled eggs, chopped and mashed together with a little milk and sal and pepper.
Sliced ham,
lettuce leaves sliced finely
mayonnaise
slices of cheese (itried grated cheese but it comes out of the filling.

Take four slices of buttered bread and slice in half to give you the widest slices.
Layer the bread buttered side up into the base of the mould, making sure you overlap the bread, so it forms a circle on the outer edge of the mould.
Then layer egg followed by a layer of bread, making sure the bread is centered over the last join (like laying bricks) Spread some mayo on this bread then layer shredded lettuce, then bread.
layer ham,dot with mustard, then bread
layer cheese then bread that has been spread with mayo face down.Seal jel ring.Don't for get to burp it, and place in fridge for at least two hours.I make mine the day before.

Make sure you press each layer in firmly and always press to outer edge of mould.
substitute butter with mayo, yoghurt or cream cheese.
Release from mould and cut into slices.

kiwitrish, Sep 26, 11:18pm
Thanks for that.Yes it has to be club sandwiches.I have the recipe book for the jel mould and it has some great ideas in it.

nik12, Sep 27, 2:08am
Cream cheese and corn relish (mixed about 50/50) is really yum as one of the layers.