Home Made Sausage Rolls.

hotandcold13, Apr 18, 8:35pm
Can I made these with only Mince or do I need both Mince and Sausage Meat. ?
Also what else can I add to make these more tasty . ?
Thanks.

harrislucinda, Apr 18, 11:24pm
mincemeat, maycrumble, butbothsmeatswillbefineaddbaconandonionchopped , even spreadwithrelishorsauceifliked

desmodave, Apr 18, 11:30pm
Add grated onion, carots, fresh bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, a little grated chesse to the mince and yummo. The bread crumbs help hold it together

lala2, Apr 19, 12:24am
try BestRecipes.com. au they have lots of sausage roll.

krazy_kat, Apr 19, 12:26am
Adding mashed potato may help the mince stay together. I've only ever used sausage meat in mine so don't know sorry.

chrisynz, Apr 19, 12:37am
i add mixed herbs, egg, tomato sauce, onion and sausge meat, its yummy. . as well i make my own pastry

p.taylor1, Apr 19, 12:37am
i use mince in mine, but roll them as making pin wheel scones, if you know what i mean. This way pastry holds the mince in fine

harrislucinda, Apr 19, 2:28am
with mincetheyare, ntsausagerollscalledswissroll

kaysu, Apr 19, 4:48am
Used Edmonds flaky pastry to make a long sausage roll yesterday. Pastry was yummy. I mix with beaten egg, 1tsp each of mustard, beef or chicken stock & curry powder, chopped onion, salt & pepper, sprinkle of flour to bind. added left over mashed potato.

auntlb, Apr 19, 5:07am
adding mashed potato to the meat makes it lighter in texture but doesn't alter the flavour.

jessie981, Apr 19, 7:49am
Just a good way to get rid of 'left overs' auntlb

cookessentials, Apr 19, 8:16am
I use sausage meat only. I use a bought flakey pastry. Into the sausage meat mixture, I add finely chopped onion, 1x grated apple a sprinkle of sage and a little thyme. I add FRESH breadcrumbs made with 1-2 slices of white bread whizzed in the kitchen whizz - the bread stops the filling spewing out of the pastry. then i add one beaten egg and mix well.

ferita, Apr 19, 8:42am
I dont use any meat at all
http://www.sanitarium.com. au/recipe/recipe. do? rec-id=325

danielvds, Apr 19, 9:48am
I use sausage meat (one of the tubes of sausage meat) combined with one finely chopped onion, one egg, a 440 gram tin of well drained crushed pineapple, a finely chopped courgette, 3/4 cup of dried oats, 1 cup of grated tasty cheese, freshly ground black pepper. Using one sheet of ready rolled feather flake pastry I roll it to approx 600mm in length. Using half the mixture I make a sausage roll. I cut them into 4 cafe size sausage rolls and serve with a side salad. I also brush them with milk and they always come out golden. Kids love them. The second half of the mix I form into 12 patties and roll in breadcrumbs. They cook beautifully under the grill the next night. I have also used this filling using 2 sheets of pastry to make bite size sausage rolls for a kids birthday party (but took out the courgette. ) They were very popular.

crails, Apr 19, 10:17am
I made this the other night it was delicious. Finely grate 2 carotts and 2 courgettes, finely chop 2 onions. Fry gently in butter till soft. In a bowl mix cooked veg, 1 tube of sausage meat 1C of fresh bread crumbs and a little salt and pepper. Arrange on your pastry to form your sausage roll, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and bake in a hot oven for about 20min

fifie, Feb 15, 7:18pm
Mmm crails that sounds nice will be making that. Sounds similar to a recipe i got off here last winter, don't know who posted it but its good also, great for bulk cooking makes about 48 rolls.

2. 5 kg sausage meat, 2 large onions chopped fine, 2 Tablespoons curry powder, 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1 cup tomato juice, ½ cup Worcester sauce, 2 Large grated carrots, 2 Cups cooked rice, Salt and pepper to taste. Use your own recipe for pastry or bought stuff.