Best chilli beef recipe please

sharp-as, Sep 16, 4:16am
I have a recipe but its a bit blah.any new ones will be welcome

daisyhill, Sep 16, 4:29am
I love this Jamie Oliver recipe for "good old chilli con carne" - but I use about half the amount of cinnamon he suggests. Chickpeas are such a nice addition and really bulk it out without making it bland. I eat mine with crusty white bread and butter rather than rice.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/chilli-con-carne

sharp-as, Sep 16, 4:59am
Thank you.its on the stove simmering now:-)

daisyhill, Sep 16, 5:32am
Hope it goes well!

piquant, Sep 16, 5:36am
With summer coming up (oh yeah!) this is a great, fast meal and I don't know anyone who doesn't like it! Basically a warm Thai beef salad (kiwised, of course) Use shredded soft lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, pepper, carrot,pea sprouts, celery, onion - literally anything you usually make your salads of. Mound the mixed salad in the middle of the plate. You also need to add some fruit, I usually use strawberries in this but grapes, nectarines or at a push, pineapple will do as well. (Add french dressing to the salad if required - not mayonnaise!) Very thinly slice rump steak across the grain and add to a hot wok with a little oil. You want the beef to cook quickly, thereby not releasing moisture. As soon as it colours, 1 minute or so, add a good slurp of Sweet Chilli sauce (I find the Exotic Food brand a really good one for this) and a handful of plain Highmark Crispy noodles. Cover all in the sauce and top the salad with this mix. If you are cooking for several people, I suggest you batch cook the beef, otherwise you will get a lot of moisture. If this happens, take it off before returning to cook.

sharp-as, Sep 16, 7:57pm
That looks yum.will try on my next days off. Thank you:-)