Ice cream maker Recipes

thq, Sep 18, 4:44am
please please,

antoniab, Sep 18, 5:00am
I just asked my lecturer this very same Q last week as she makes icecream every Fri night with her children - she sent me this (dont know if you have tried Ben and Jerrys ice cream but its amazing!)
http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/secret-recipe-archive/12811-ben-jerrys-recipes.html

thq, Sep 19, 9:39pm
bump for more!

antoniab, Sep 20, 1:21am
I made the 'cherry garcia' from my link above last night - very good! :)

thq, Sep 22, 2:22am
bump for the weekend!
i need i ran after my chooks and shake the cows for eggs n cream!

ribzuba, Sep 22, 6:16am
Try David Lebovitz's book, 'The Perfect Scoop'.I used to work at a boutique sweet shop and we made his recipes the most out of anything as they are so good.His Dark Chocolate one is absolutely amazing!There are some of the recipes on his website, http://www.davidlebovitz.com/

buddyca1, Sep 24, 9:40pm
I'm just waiting for my ice cream maker to arrive.Could someone help me please.If I want to make rum and raisin, about how much rum essence (assuming you use essence) would I put in and if I want to make a sort of hokey pokey ice cream would I just smash up Crunchie Bars for it.thanks in advance

iriegirl, Sep 25, 1:12am
+1 for "The Perfect scoop" it's an awesome book!

biggles45, Sep 25, 3:57am
buddyca1 -
My rum and raisin recipe says 1/3 cup raisins, 1 tablespoon dark rum, chop raisins and soak for an hour in the rum before churning.

wildflower, Sep 26, 3:28am
I don't have a ice cream maker, just make the cream and Highlander one by hand but for hokey pokey I just break crunchies up and it's awesome.

buddyca1, Sep 27, 7:26pm
Thanks so much for your replies everybody.One more question, witht the condensed milk recipies do you use the thickened cream or just the ordinary one.Thanks in advance.

buddyca1, Oct 23, 11:56pm
OK, I've bought David Lebovitz's book"The Perfect Scoop".What a fabulous book, but can someone please tell me now what to do with all the egg whites.He says in the book they can be frozen, but can you use them for pavlovas etc after they've been frozen.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.