Annabelle Langbein's Orange Lightning Cake

Page 2 / 2
jenjen76, Sep 26, 7:54pm
mine turned out ok with two tangelos, I did what someone suggested above and peeled the zest off, removed the pith and used the flesh and zest. It probably could have done with a bit more of a tangelo punch. The Sultana's all seemed to sink to the bottom too. Lovely moist cake though, and does taste delicious.

guest, Oct 4, 10:36pm
Thank you, I was just going to ask for this recipe. I also saw it in her book but have so any recipe books didnt want another. Many thanks again

guest, Oct 6, 5:33am
A great cake but do agree maybe the zest and flesh would be better, will make another to see. Great cake with plenty of cutting.

linda, Oct 6, 5:35am
A great cake with plenty of cutting, but do agree maybe the zest and orange flesh would be enough. Will definitely make again though.

guest, Oct 8, 7:36pm
love this recipie i put lemon cream cheese icing on and topped with toasted organic shaved coconut it was very yummy

guest, Oct 13, 10:44pm
I love oranges so have made the cake with 2 oranges, not just one, but as suggested by someone earlier, peeled off the zest and popped that in the food processor, then cut off the bitter white pith from the outside, and added the flesh of the oranges only after that. Admittedly with two oranges it required a bit longer baking, but is a fragrant and moist cake.

lilac, Oct 14, 6:08am
x2
Interestingly this recipe is identical to one of my mum's favourite recipes out of 'Aunt Daisy' - Canadian Orange Cake. Only difference is that Aunt Daisy adds 1/2 tsp salt. (And doesn't do it in a food processor. :o) )

guest, Nov 15, 1:24am
Ive made this cake twice now and it has turned out great, i did it exactly to the recipe

guest, Nov 17, 12:39am
I've made this cake and it tasted fabulous - janen

guest, Dec 19, 2:05am
Anyone out there had a problem with this recipie,I have been baking for years no problems,made this as the recipie I am sure, it came out undercooked and very heavy I used standard flour what did you guys use,I didnt even feed it to the birds I dont think they would have been able to fly.Margaret

guest, May 19, 12:27am
Everytime I make this cake it ends up crumbling all over. Tastes great and is very moist, yet still crumbles. What am I doing wrong?

the_cook_sister, Jul 1, 7:35pm
The best cake ever, my Mom simply loves it as it is similar to fruit cake, and so easy to make , I use currants , thank you Annabel, simply love this recipe