Lavosh recipe on annabelle langbein

indian-chief, Oct 16, 6:38am
did anyone manage to get the recipe tonight. Would be greatly appreciated........looked good

ttwisty, Oct 16, 6:50am
x1
go to www.freerangecook.comher recipes are here

fifie, Oct 16, 7:17am

petal1955, Oct 16, 9:40am
x1
Sesame Lavosh

-------------------------------
--------------------

Lavosh is a thin, crunchy Middle Eastern bread that's delicious served as a pre-dinner nibble.

Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 15-20 mins
Makes approx 40

1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup wholemeal flour
2 tbsp each black and white sesame seeds (or 4 tbsp just one kind)
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup water
To finish:olive oil and flaky sea salt

Preheat oven to 165C/325F.

In a mixing bowl stir together the flours, sesame seeds, oregano and salt. Mix the oils and water together and add to the dry ingredients, stirring to form a soft, pliable dough.

Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each out on a lightly floured board as thinly as possible. Each quarter should yield a rectangle of about 34 x 16cm (13 x 6 inches). Cut each rectangle into strips of about 4 x 17cm (1.5 x 6.5 inches) and roll again - they need to be virtually see-through.

Carefully transfer the strips to a baking tray, brush them lightly with oil and sprinkle lightly with flaky salt. Bake until they are crisp and pale golden, about 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.

--------------------

gardie, Oct 16, 7:04pm
I thought these looked great.i got this book from the library and wasn't overly impressed however after watching more episodes of her show, I'm changing my mind.

free-h-oldies, Oct 17, 8:22am
Did anyone get the recipe for what she did with the red cabbage that looked yummy and I would like to try that

lyndyhopper, Oct 17, 9:20am
Hey I saw that on TV too. I'm going to get the ingredients and make it.Looks a little like to vitacrisp breads.I guess I'll soon find out.

sumstyle, Oct 17, 6:20pm
I have requested the book from the library, but I am 178th on the list!

sumstyle, Oct 17, 6:22pm
and that link is wrong...

ttwisty, Oct 17, 7:05pm
oh sorry try the tvnz website then go to free range cook website

petal1955, Oct 17, 7:35pm
shred red cabbage finely , melt 3 tbspoon butter in a pot add cabbage along with a 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp currants.stir fry for 10 mins till softened. you can re heat this again at this stage if you want to prepare before hand.once heated add 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar and stir and then place on serving plate.

indian-chief, Oct 17, 8:13pm
thanks..............cant wait to try it. Looks impressive

free-h-oldies, Jun 8, 11:01am
Thankyou petal that looked really nice cant wait to try it