Electrical sockets on side of oven top don't work

zuggle, Sep 3, 4:09am
are they reliant on setting the clock by any chance (that doesn't seem logical to me.) An electrician has wired up our "new" (secondhand) stove, I plugged the slowcooker into one of these side sockets and discovered neither work. Rest of stove (Westinghouse Neptune) I am extremely happy with.
Any help out there please, I don't want to call the sparky back if it's just something "dumb" like setting the clock/timer. There is no manual. Thanks!

griffo4, Sep 3, 4:21am
You could try setting the clock but it seems strange it could be the fuses have gone on them and on some stoves you can put new fuse wire in but l can't remember how and where as it is so long ago since l have done one
You could have a look on the back of the stove but please make sure you TURN IT OFF AT THE WALL FIRST before touching anything

Can you ring the sparky and talk to him or google and see what info comes up about that stove!

unknowndisorder, Sep 3, 4:25am
a stove I had years ago was like that, There was an auto function that ai'd often accidentally turn on and then be unable to use the darned thing, Was a push button thing, like a car odometer setter.

zuggle, Sep 3, 4:28am
I have googled but all I find is hundreds of troubleshooting questions from people and no relevant answers.

zuggle, Sep 3, 4:40am
Have had a good fiddle with timer, pulling and pushing the two buttons. No go Joe!

travis47, Sep 3, 5:13am
x1
Some models have a socket switched via the automatic oven timer but they all have a separate fuse in the back that may have blown, you will need to pull out the stove and there should be a removable cover marked "fuse".

korbo, Sep 3, 5:20am
x1
Zuggle, do the elements work !
I had this problem once, and it was something to do with the clock and timer.think the best option is to ring the electrician and have a chat.

zuggle, Sep 3, 6:11am
Thanks t-naki, I think you are probably on to it! When my other half gets in later I will get him to check this.
Korbo, the elements all work, as does the oven, clock, timer, light and warming tray - it's perfect in every other respect, think I'll put my money on the fuse blown - exactly the kind of thing I don't want to bother a sparky about, so we will examine that first (with all electricals turned OFF).

griffo4, Sep 3, 8:35am
Hope you find the problem it sounds like a fuse blown and easy to fix

rover79, Sep 4, 2:26am
One would have to wonder if it is a fuse, why it had blown in the first place.
Might be the reason it was sold.

duckmoon, Sep 4, 4:38am
can you google for its manual!

purplegoanna, Sep 4, 4:57am
dunno about yours but ours (DIFF model OVEN) has a small panel on the back that contains a fuse just for the two side switchs.no need to take the entire back panel of either.