Does anyone have last months Taste magazine please

fendi3, Aug 10, 6:38am
Have thrown mine out by mistake and made a great spicy pear and blue cheese salad with polenta crutons and pecan nuts. It has the purple cover and have tried to buy another copy but no luck. I would so appreciate it if someone could post the recipe for me. Also tried to look it up on the website recipe finder but came up with hundreds of recipe options!

unknowndisorder, Aug 10, 6:43am
Lol, I thought it might be better with the actual recipe title, but stuff that.
do you need tonight or would you mind later tonight or tomorrow!
Page 79 July issue, if anyone is able to type it out, more than happy to later but going out now.

fendi3, Aug 10, 6:52am
No rush for it just really appreciate you or someone else to print out as it was delicious! Huge thanks!

unknowndisorder, Aug 10, 6:56am
will do just my eyesight's not the best and in daylight will be better with the background they use. Tried seeing if it would come up losing the polenta part, and came up with a fail. So not sure it's on their site. (I have got glasses at work, but have lost the ones for home lol, oh to be old before I should be hehehe)

fendi3, Aug 10, 8:22am
Yes I tried to look it up with the polenta and did not work. Just when you can as really am very grateful. I totally can relate to the glasses thing as and am one of those that has to hold things out way ahead of me if no glasses handy!Thank you!

245sam, Aug 10, 9:08am
Here you are fendi3.

From Taste magazine Issue 81, July 2012
"SPICED PEAR & PECAN SALAD WITH POLENTA CROUTONS
For the best results, use slightly under-ripe pears so they retain their shape when frying them in the spiced honey glaze.This substantial salad is a fabulous combination or colour, flavour and texture.

25g butter
2 slightly under-ripe pears, peeled, each cut into 8 wedges and cored
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp clear honey
1509 rocket leaves
100g watercress
½ cup pecans, toasted
85g mild blue-veined cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces

DRESSING:
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard

POLENTA CROUTONS:
½ cup instant polenta
20g butter
1 large pinch dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil+extra for greasing

1 First make the polenta croutons….Put1¼ cups water in a saucepan and sprinkle in the polenta, bring to the boil, stirring frequently.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes until thickened.Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and chilli and season with salt and pepper.
Lightly grease a medium baking tin with olive oil and spread out the polenta to about 1cm thick.Smooth the top and chill until set, then cut the polenta into 1cm cubes.
2 Heat half of the olive oil over a medium-high heat in a large, non-stick frying pan.Fry half the polenta croutons for 12-15 minutes, turning regularly, until crisp all over, then drain on kitchen paper.Repeat with the remaining oil and croutons, then set aside.
3 Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and melt butter over a medium-Iow heat, then fry pears for 3-5 minutes, turning once.Add the ginger and honey, turn pears to coat in the mixture and cook for 1 minute until golden.
4 Combine all the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
Divide rocket and watercress between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing.Sprinkle the pecans over the leaves and top with pears, cheese and polenta croutons, then serve.
Serves 4.":-))

unknowndisorder, Aug 10, 9:33am
Awwww Sam you're a darling, I hate typing on the iPad and then saw the instructions were marginal for me to read tonight, I have got the magazine open for me to type up tomorrow ;)

245sam, Aug 10, 9:37am
My pleasure unknowndisorder, and I have to agree re the instructions in that recipe - the background used on that page sure didn't make it easy to read.:-))

and an oops - 1509 rocket leaves should read 150g rocket leaves - imagine having to count all that many leaves, so much easier to weigh them!My apologies for that error.:-))

firemansgirl, Aug 10, 11:23am

fendi3, Aug 10, 10:02pm
Huge huge thank you to 245sam and unknowndisorder for your help! You are both fabulous!

unknowndisorder, Aug 10, 11:35pm
fendi, did you look T the auction number firemansgirl posted up! $3 buy now for the mag if you'd like a replacement copy :)
Sam is one of those people that makes me smile, so incredibly helpful.

fendi3, Aug 11, 7:24am
Hey thanks for that as did not even realise and just walked in from hectic day at work sowill check it out! It is so great of you all for such help!

fendi3, Aug 11, 7:39am
Checked out the auction and purchased the mag so once again huge thanks to you all!