New Zealand Gardener's Latest Howegrown Magazine

cookessentials, Apr 4, 4:36am
For you girls who want some wonderful recipes, including a delicious looking iced Chelsea bun, the magazine is out now. I bought it at lunchtime ( I have most of them for the vege gardening. There are also some fabulous recipes for ice-cream, pickles, beetroot recipes etc. It has a red cover with an apple pie featured. Well worth purchasing.Edited to say it should be Homegrown magazine LOL

dbab, Apr 4, 4:43am
I just bought mine this afternoon. Now I need some time to enjoy reading it.

cookessentials, Apr 4, 5:11am
Me too. i had a quick flick through it, so i am going to curl up on the sofa with a nice hot coffee when I get home and have a good old read.

mandi, Apr 4, 6:27am
Got mine today too, have just been having a read of it, some fab recipes in it, can't wait to try some out!

nainmary, Apr 4, 8:39am
I received mine today, marvelous lot of recipes and garden hints, so attractive too. Going to take me awhile to get through it. Worth having I'm sure, should all be well tried recipes.

seniorbones, Apr 4, 9:36am
I subscribed and havent got it yet!! normally I get them before they hit the shelves, dont know if I can wait might have to have a look tomorrow!

maynard9, Apr 4, 9:45am
Thanks for reminding me Cooks.Will put it on the shopping list right now.I have all the others.They are great value aren't they and full of good tips/recipes.
I didn't renew my NZ Gardener magazine this year.It just hasn't been the same for me without Lynda at the helm - and I thought I would sooner spend the money on plants instead.They were starting to have a lot of articles that had no interest to me.I get the Fri night email from them every week and that is enough to keep me on top of things and timings.

indy95, Apr 4, 9:56am
I had decided not to buy any more of the Homegrown series but on these recommendations perhaps I will after all. I didn't renew my subscription to the magazine either.

cookessentials, Apr 5, 1:07am
I am pretty sure that the NZ Gardener mag is available using Westpac Hotpoints, however, the Homegrown one isn't. I find them a geat source of info and inspiration, especially since we have such a large vegetable garden

winnie15, Apr 5, 2:56am
Oo will have to look out for it! -i was reading my last years one last night, great magazines to keep and flick through. Your local library will have nz gardener mags too for 50 cents a week hire , i often get my mags from there and copy off what i want.

mandi, Apr 5, 6:27am
Got mine today too, have just been having a read of it, some fab recipes in it, can't wait to try some out!

nainmary, Apr 5, 8:39am
I received mine today, marvelous lot of recipes and garden hints, so attractive too. Going to take me awhile to get through it. Worth having I'm sure, should all be well tried recipes.

seniorbones, Apr 5, 9:36am
I subscribed and havent got it yet! normally I get them before they hit the shelves, dont know if I can wait might have to have a look tomorrow!

maynard9, Apr 5, 9:45am
Thanks for reminding me Cooks.Will put it on the shopping list right now.I have all the others.They are great value aren't they and full of good tips/recipes.
I didn't renew my NZ Gardener magazine this year.It just hasn't been the same for me without Lynda at the helm - and I thought I would sooner spend the money on plants instead.They were starting to have a lot of articles that had no interest to me.I get the Fri night email from them every week and that is enough to keep me on top of things and timings.

indy95, Apr 5, 9:56am
I had decided not to buy any more of the Homegrown series but on these recommendations perhaps I will after all. I didn't renew my subscription to the magazine either.

cookessentials, Apr 6, 1:07am
I am pretty sure that the NZ Gardener mag is available using Westpac Hotpoints, however, the Homegrown one isn't. I find them a geat source of info and inspiration, especially since we have such a large vegetable garden

indy95, Apr 6, 1:44am
Just want to say this latest in the "Homegrown" series is well worth the cost.. It is absolutely packed with recipes, over 250 in fact, as well as tips on the best varieties of fruit and vegetables to grow and is far better value than some of the high-priced publications I have seen recently.

maynard9, Apr 6, 8:31am
Well I took my new copy with me to the hairdressers this am to look at while my colour 'set'.
What a fabulous selection of recipes.Made me quite hungry.
Laughed at my hairdressers as she wiped it off(with my permission) and photocopied several recipes while the junior was washing my hair.
I have enjoyed them all and keep them handy for reference but this one is definetely the best as far as recipes go.
Looking forward to hearing what others make from it.

indy95, Apr 7, 1:44am
Just want to say this latest in the "Homegrown" series is well worth the cost. It is absolutely packed with recipes, over 250 in fact, as well as tips on the best varieties of fruit and vegetables to grow and is far better value than some of the high-priced publications I have seen recently.

maynard9, Apr 7, 8:31am
Well I took my new copy with me to the hairdressers this am to look at while my colour 'set'.
What a fabulous selection of recipes.Made me quite hungry.
Laughed at my hairdressers as she wiped it off(with my permission) and photocopied several recipes while the junior was washing my hair.
I have enjoyed them all and keep them handy for reference but this one is definetely the best as far as recipes go.
Looking forward to hearing what others make from it.