Peanut Brownies

taureanbabe, Aug 25, 5:11am
Anyone got a yummy recipe for the above! Want to make some to take to a women's group this friday.

lodgelocum, Aug 25, 5:55am
125grams butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup raw peanuts

Cream butter and sugar well, add egg, add flour, bp, cocoa and peanuts, form into balls, flatten and bake 170 for around approx 20 minutes.

dibble35, Aug 25, 7:13am
I make really good peanut brownies and I just use the edmonds recipe with extra cocoa added, think recipe says 2 dessertspoons, I use 2 really heaped dessertspoons so probably doubled

horizons_, Aug 25, 9:12pm
Roast yr peanuts first for a tastier bikkie. Sometimes I add melted dark chocolate to the mix for a more decadent taste. Mmm yummy.

korbo, Aug 25, 9:17pm
Chop the peanuts first, then warm in m/wave.Ialways add 1 tblespn coconut as well,

gardie, Aug 26, 1:15am
This - Edmonds recipe.I just put spoonfulls on the tray (don't push down) and bake at 150 for between 20 - 25 mins.The slower cooking makes them crunchier.I use the same recipe for chocolate chip bikkies - replacing peanuts with chocolate chips - also make a nice fruity bikkie with choc chips, cranberries, sunflower and pumpkin seeds - just some of each.I only use cocoa in the peanut brownie ones.

peterbk, Aug 26, 7:28am
My Peanut Brownie recipe is one my mum used to make when we were kids. I think it makes the best Peanut Brownies I have ever tasted:
It uses freshly roasted peanuts and wheatflakes, although i often substitute crushed weetbix and still very good.
Peanut Brownies
125 gm butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 dsp cocoa
1 cup flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp salt (original recipe has 1/2 tsp salt)
1 cup wheat flakes or 3 weetbix crushed
1 cup freshly roasted peanuts, cooled
Cream butter and sugar, mix in egg and cocoa, Add flour and BP, salt, mix. Stir in wheat flakes and peanuts.
Drop tsps of mixture on to oven tray
Bake 180 deg C 10 - 15 mins
Enjoy
Jacqueline