Choc brownies with caramello chocolate help

jaystarfish, May 13, 6:12am
Hi there. My friend makes this delicious choc brownie slice thing with bits of caramello chocolate in it. I can't get hold of her and I want to make it for tomorrow. Does anyone have the recipe? I know it has done the rounds in Hawkes Bay at many a coffee group. Thanks.

fauna1, May 14, 7:10am
bumping 'cos I'd like it too

bcnd, May 14, 8:09am
Heck yes, another bump for the recipe

mydebe, May 14, 8:40am
Come on people! ! I'm dying for this one.

bcnd, May 16, 3:06am
a hopeful bump

johne21, May 16, 5:48am
I know Hawthorne cafe in Havelock North sell's a similar thing called a YAMMY. It is divine! ! ! I tried to work out what was in it and I'm sure it has a block of caramello chocolate in it! ! The recipe for that would be nice. ! ! !

sparkles, May 16, 5:49am
**lurking... **

pam.delilah, May 16, 6:13am
I have this one
caramello slice

125 grams butter
2 eggs
1 C flour
3/4 C dates or sultanas
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 big size (150grm) Caramello chocolate
Melt the butter and sugar,
Add beaten eggs and stir well, add rest of ingredients except for the chocolate.
Mix then spread half of the mixture into a swiss roll tin.
Break up the chocolate into 24 squares and place evenly 4 rows of 6 on base.
Spread remaining mixture over the top, carefully covering all the chocolate.
Make moderate oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
Cut into squares when cold

and this one
CARAMELLO BROWNIE
. Serve cold as a sweet treat or warmed with ice cream as an after dinner delight.
Caramel:
55g butter,
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk,
1 tbsp golden syrup.
In a small saucepan melt the butter with the condensed milk & golden syrup.
When melted & combined remove from the heat & pour into a jug.
150g butter,
3 eggs,
1&1/2 cups sugar,
150g dark chocolate,
1/4 cup cocoa,
3/4 cup flour,
1 tsp vanilla essence.

In a medium saucepan melt the butter.
Stir in the sugar, then remove from the heat & add the chocolate & vanilla.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then sift in the flour & cocoa mixing well after each addition.
Pour some of the chocolate mixture into a greased non-stick baking paper-lined sponge roll tin, then alternately pour in some of the caramel mixture, so the two are randomly spread about the tin.
Use a meat skewer to swirl the caramel into the chocolate mix.
Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes.
A knife inserted into the cake should come out clean but the texture should still be slightly fudgey. Allow to cool before cutting.

pam.delilah, May 16, 6:15am
or a further suggestion is make a brownie mix up, pour in to dish and place Caramello chocolateover, before baking, as in recipe one.

grannymum, May 17, 1:23am
I found this one at Taste.com. au for you, hope it is the one you are after

Chocolate Caramel Brownies - makes 15

Ingredients

* 125g unsalted butter
* 200g dark chocolate, chopped
* 3/4 cup caster sugar
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 cup plain flour, sifted
* 2 x 110g packets caramel Easter eggs (we used Red Tulip) or substitute 220gms Caramello Chocolate
* cocoa powder, to serve
Method

Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at all sides.

Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.

Stir in beaten eggs and flour. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Spread top evenly with a spatula. Press chocolate eggs in brownie mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until brownie is firm to touch. Cool in pan. Cut into 15 squares. Serve dusted with cocoa powder.

ruckass1, May 13, 10:09am
Caramello Brownie

Ingredients
250g unsalted butter-melted
400g dark chocolate- chopped
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
4 eggs
2 ½ cups plain flour
250g block Caramello chocolate- chopped
extra 200g dark chocolate- chopped
cocoa powder- to dust

Method
Preheat oven at 180°C/160°C (fan forced). Grease a 19 x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending about 2cm above pan edges.

Place butter and chocolate in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat, stir in sugars. Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.

Gradually beat in eggs one at a time, using a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir in flour until well combined and then Caramello and extra chocolate. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smooth over top.

Cook for 20-25 minutes and then remove from oven (top of brownie should feel a little soft to touch and inside should still be moist).

Serve warm cut into squares or cool in at room temperature. Dust with cocoa powder.