Rolled oats

dusty24, Jul 21, 9:55am
Does anyone have a recipie for uncooked rolled oats balls please

dusty24, Jul 21, 10:30am
think this recipe has saltanas.condenced milk not sure what else then you roll them in cocanut
\

245sam, Jul 21, 11:01am
dusty24, I'm not sure if either of these recipes are actually the recipe you're wantingbut here they are anyway, from the former Trademe Cooks.

"Economical Truffles.taste good too.
Melt 50g of butter in a saucepan. Add 8 dessertspoons of raw or brown sugar and 3 dessertspoons of milk. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add 2 tsp of instant coffee powder and 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder. Mix in 2 C rolled oats, 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1 T icing sugar. Some chopped sultanas or nuts may be added too. Form into balls, roll in coconut or chocolate hail. Place in fridge to firm. Store in covered container in deep freeze or fridge.
posted by jaybee2003

Yum Balls
1 1/2C sugar, 1/2C milk 1 tsp Vanilla 1/2C butter.Boil in a large pot 3mins then add; 3C rolled oats 1/2C cocoa, 1Coconut,chopped nuts and dried fruit(in total) Chill, roll into balls and roll in coconut.
posted by oconnec"

Hope that helps.:-))

elliehen, Jul 21, 12:24pm
This does not have rolled oats in it, but I don't see why you could not add some quick cooking instant oats and a little more liquid.

gardie, Jul 21, 6:28pm
The Wiggles had a recipe called "Treasure Rocks" where you may a syrup out of milk cocoa sugar and then popped in rolled oats and made them into balls.You also popped 'treasures' into them like chopped red and green cherries.I remember them from my Playcentre days - they are absolutely delish - hopefully someone here might be able to find the recipe.

gardie, Jul 21, 6:31pm
Should have looked myself:Here is the recipe that someone has turned into a vegan recipe.
Replace margarine with butter - the original recipe had white sugar but raw would work too.

Treasure Island Rocks:

1 cup non-dairy milk
125 grams vegan margarine
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons or cacao (or cocoa)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup glace cherries (optional)
Extra coconut

Place all ingredients except oats and cherries in a large saucepan.
put on medium heat, bring to boil, constantly stirring.
Add the oats and cherries. Mix well and remove from the stove. Allow to cool completely.
When cool, roll into 3cm balls and roll each ball in coconut.

Makes about 40 "rocks".

These are great as a food gift. You can put some into little paper or plastic bags and tie with a ribbon.
When I made them I replaced the cherries with mashed banana - they were nice, but would probably be better with the cherries.
I got this from a kids cookbook (cooking fun with the wiggles) and veganised it. lol

EDIT: And they taste better if you put them in the fridge overnight! Makes them more solid and the flavor comes out better.

dusty24, Jul 22, 10:50am
Thanks for your help

thanksso much for your help

thanks so much for your help