Peanut Brownie recipe?

reese, Jul 21, 5:47am
Hi
does anyone have a really nice peanut brownie cookie recipe!

Usually the ones i make spread and go flat in the oven and taste bad.

gardie, Jul 21, 6:17am
125 grams butter
1 cup sugar
Cream well then add
1 egg
Beat well then add
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa
Mix altogether then finally add
1 cup peanuts.

Put spoonfuls onto greased or lined baking tray - can press slightly with a fork if wished.

20 mins at 160 degrees - i find the longer, slightly lower temp works better.

I swap peanuts for chocolate chips and remove cocoa for chocolate chippies - I also use brown sugar and a combination of cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for a yummy treat.You can do such a lot.Probably the favourite by far is using brown sugar and putting in a roughly chopped white chocolate chocolate bar- about a cupful.(leave cocoa in),Double chocolate chunk cookies.

jessie981, Jul 21, 9:45am
Peanuts are nicer (I think) if they are warmed while oven is heating up.
I use Edmonds, slightly different method. Beat butter &sugar to cream, then add remaining ingredients.
Bake 180 15 mins

groomingtools, Jul 22, 10:31pm
Roast the peanuts first to give them a nice flavour - I hate uncooked nuts or seeds in baking and cooking

sarahb5, Jul 22, 10:39pm
I made chocolate chip peanut butter cookies yesterday with the 100% Nutz peanut butter that Mr 17 and I decided we didn't like:

Cream 1 cup crunchy peanut butter with 3/4 cup caster sugar and add 1 lightly beaten egg.Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.Transfer tablespoonsful to baking sheets lined with baking paper and bake until lightly browned at 180c for about 12 - 15 minutes.Makes 24ish.